26. Transition

Natalia rode the same vehicle, which escorted her to the penthouse, back to Zion Suites. Simon, one of Alexander's men who were assigned to watch over the woman, drove the young miss back to her condominium.

Arriving inside her bedroom, she took a long calming shower. It helped Natalia shut off the sour memory at the penthouse.

Afterwards, she drank a warm glass of milk and slept through the coldness of the night.

--------------

Unknown to most, Duchess Ruth was also invited to the gala. When she received the invitation, her eyes sparkled as she knew the Gates family would be there too. She's been secretly admiring Alexander from afar. Starting the moment that he had accompanied her to the Palace Ball five years ago, Ruth sees the man as her knight in shining armor. As for the cultural beliefs of the royal bloods, marriage with distant relatives are allowed as long as it won't bring harm to the throne. She's thrilled that her parents supported her goals. She'll make sure the man will be hers.

------------

Alexander woke up after few hours but still felt tired. He stretched his arms but something prevented him to. He looked around and saw a woman resting on his arm near the shoulders. His mind realized something and slowly got up from the bed and wore a shirt.

His head was still dizzy but nevertheless descended the stairs supported by the handrails. Reaching the first floor, he noticed Sergei sipping on a cup of coffee with a laptop in front of him at the dinning table.

"Sergei." Alexander called out.

The assistant looked up to his boss with a bothered expression. "Mr. Gates...." His appearance showed exhaustion with dark circles under his eyes and a pale face.

"What happened?" Alexander inquired with his usual cold tone.

"The young miss was here to visit you earlier but then the duchess was---"

"Call the driver. And rest Sergei. That's an order. I'll take it from here." Alexander firmly said and made his way to his car enduring the sickly feeling that was still in his system.

--------------

Natalia stirred from her sleep as she felt something heavy was leaning against her waist. She then perceived a familiar hand caressing her stomach while a set of lips were granting kisses on the nape of her neck. Natalia couldn't help but to produced a soft sound.

"Xander..." She gently whispered. Her mind was debating whether to succumb to sleep or to the temptation.

Thankfully, the man stopped. He didn't want to ignite more fire because it wasn't his intention in the first place but still couldn't help it.

"Forgive me....the scene at the penthouse." Alexander weakly uttered. His voice was full of remorse. Even though he's not aware that the duchess would barged in, he should've known better and should kept the security tight all night.

The woman just nodded in understanding and interlaced their hands like it was a natural thing to do. Natalia wasn't the petty type. She's confident that Alexander wouldn't intentionally do things that will make her sullen.

"You should repay me...you know." The woman jested still in her sleepy state as the man nuzzled his nose to her appealing slender neck.

"Whatever you want." Alexander replied with a husky voice. He started to relax and was deeply satisfied as he spooned Natalia's soft frame against his rigid body. His eyelids slowly become heavy as he got drunk with the sweet scent of the woman.

"Your BMW convertible sports car." The woman spoke casually and yawned at the same time.

"Done." Alexander lazily replied.

"A limited gown by Naomi Uno." A world-renowned dressmaker.

"Will contact her first thing tomorrow."

"A piece of red beryl." The woman smiled thinking of the bright red gemstone. 'She's really not petty.'

"Will...be...yours...I need...to..." The man stopped half way.

Natalia glanced at the sleeping Alexander. She sighed as she felt his high temperature. After waiting for few minutes, she slowly got up and went to the kitchen to prepare a hot porridge for the man.