02 | the girl

Orion Warner

Orion Warner

Today I was somehow up by 5 am. My anxiety was through the roof which did not allow me to sleep till at least 5:30 am. 

If you didn't know then I had anxiety. I was diagnosed with it in my senior year in high school. Since then I had been taking care of it by exercising regularly and writing a journal. When I felt an attack incoming, I counted and did the breathing exercises recommended by my psychiatrist.

So this is how I ended up on a run early in the morning. I usually started at 6 am but today I started at 5:30 am itself.

I was listening to some Spotify podcasts about having a change in society and running. I felt the morning is a great time to listen to podcasts. At least for me, it was a great way to start the day.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I saw the same girl who I saw every day on my run and in the gym. There was something about her that fascinated me. I wanted to introduce myself considering I had seen her almost every day for three years. But I was too nervous and scared that I would screw this.

I ran back to my dorm and saw my best friend and roommate, Sven, still sleeping. Shaking my head, I went to take a shower and do my morning routine.

I came outside and wore my clothes for the day which consisted of a white t-shirt, a blue-white flannel coat and black joggers pairing it with my white sneakers. I put on some cologne so that I didn't smell. 

Next, I put on my silver chain along with a few rings and finally my watch. Perfect for the day. Then I proceeded to wear my contacts. My vision wasn't exactly the greatest so I wore contacts for my classes and when I was at home my glasses. Finally ready.

I walked out the door with my backpack, phone, wallet and keys. I went to the campus library to drop off some books that I had borrowed the previous week. Then my next stop was the coffee shop to get a coffee and a muffin. While walking to my class, I got a text from Sven.

Sven: Dude where are you??

Orion: Hello to you too. I am on my way to class if you forgot.

Sven: Right...I keep on forgetting that you have morning classes.

Orion: You should seriously pay attention when I am speaking. Anyway gtg, I have reached my classroom.

Sven: Ok. I will meet you for lunch

Orion: Ok bye

Switching off my phone and putting it in my pocket, I got into the classroom and my seat which is almost in the end. I looked around and saw that I was one of the first people to come. To pass some time, I took out a novel. 

My favourite to be exact. Harry Potter and The Philosopher's stone. This was one of the greatest series ever written according to me. Though I had read it plenty of times, there was just something about Hogwarts and the Wizarding World.

A few minutes passed and the classroom was full. Just then the professor walked in. I put my book inside and took out my laptop. Opening a blank document I started making notes for my class.

An hour passed and I was done with my class. It was long but productive. I started walking to the library to study considering I had an hour till my next class. Just then I saw the girl who was on my mind constantly with her friend walk into the coffee shop. I took a good glance at her but she didn't see me.

The girl was gorgeous and attractive. I could say she was tall since her friend only came up to her neck. I think she was around 5'10. Just a few inches shorter than me.

Clearing my thoughts, I walked into the library and took a seat near the window. I opened my laptop and material and went through it. I wrote some very important points in my notebook. I somehow found the balance of writing my notes on my laptop and my notebook. I continued to study till it was time for the next class. I packed up and walked to the next class.

Maybe I should do something. I think by the end of this week, I will have had the guts to at least ask for her name.
--------------------------

What do you think about Orion's character? I tried to make him different and not cliché.

Do you think Orion will do something?

Who do you think first will do something? Xael or Orion?

I have my exams from next week so mostly my next update will be in October.

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞.