26 | the call

Orion Warner 

Orion Warner 

February came and went by, March flew like a flying carpet and finally, we were in April. Specifically, the Easter season, where shops were decorated, most drinks had chocolate eggs and themed treats were baked in every bakery and coffee shop.

It was someone's birthday the day after tomorrow. The big twenty-one.

"We are old news now," told Xael while drinking her green tea and simultaneously scrolling through Instagram.

"Really?" I was confident that there was coffee foam on my upper lips.

"Yeah. I saw around five to six new couple videos." Xael took another sip. "Our names aren't plastered anywhere on the Harmonia account."

"Thank god." I sighed. "You know we should buy donuts to celebrate." I think we would be the only ones who celebrated for not being viral on the internet.

Xael got up. "You know what, I'll go get them."

When she went to the counter, I quickly took a tissue and wiped my coffee foam moustache. Glancing at Xael, I saw the look of a kid at a candy shop while she scanned through the counter.

Another speciality of Vira other than their spectacular coffee and drinks was their donuts. Everyday by noon, their donuts would be sold out. They made two different flavours each day which won't be repeated in that particular month.

The hardest thing was to not eat them every day but cheat day was always the solution. Today I would have to add an extra thirty minutes to my workout. But it was worth it.

Within a few minutes, Xael was back with two donuts that looked like rabbits. The donuts looked so cute with marshmallow ears and cute eyes. It wasn't fair that they made food items look so cute.

The first thing that Xael said was, "I'm not sure I can eat them."

A hundred thoughts started running through my mind. Was Xael sick? Did I not notice it? Was I a caring boyfriend? Was she allergic to something in the donut? Did she not like donuts? Maybe we shouldn't have ordered donuts?

A feel of someone flicking my forehead snapped me out of my thoughts. I came back to reality with Xael looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Where were you?" Xael's voice was laced with sarcasm.

I retorted. "A playground called my mind."

Xael gave a sardonic smile."Oh really!"

"Yep." I pointed at the donuts. "Why can't you eat them?"

Xael sighed. "They just look so good that I don't want to eat them."

Wow. We both feel the same.

"Gorgeous, looks like we both think alike."