29 | the night walk

Xael Wright

Xael Wright

I was done with finals!

The moment I handed my paper to the professor and ran out of the lecture hall, I knew I was more than ready to box all my stationary up for another two months before I started jumping in excitement.

Since all of us had our last paper in different parts of the campus, we made plans to meet at a restaurant we frequently visited. It was the restaurant where I met Sven and Leander for the first time.

I sat outside the lecture hall on a bench waiting for Orion as he became my ride from when the accident happened. Though my cast was removed now, he was still my ride since the doctor told me not to drive for a few more weeks.

Taking out my phone from my backpack, I opened the group chat to see at least ten messages floating around.

I'm bored

Sven: done with junior year!!!

Orion: Yesss!

Sven: I'm too lazy to walk so Orion, dear, you're my ride

Orion: dude, I promised Xael that I would pick her up so catch a ride with Xion and Cleo

Sven: seriously you're gonna toss your bff to the wolves? @xaelwright you're my new bff

Orion: dude. fine. I'll pick you up. @xaelwright I'm going to be late

Sven: yayyy

Cleo: since when did Xion and I become wolves? @xionwright are we wolves?

Xion: no.

Sven: I mean you guys go at it like wild animals with PDA so...

Xael: Cleo, I mean he is kind of right

Cleo: you're supposed to be on my side, not his!

Xael: hehehe

Cleo: uhhhh

Sven: tysm xael for saving me from the wolves.

Sven: xael you're getting extra bff privileges from now on.

Cleo: I'll buy drinks for a week as a part of bff privileges

Sven: you can have the dorm the next two days all to yourself

Cleo: you can have the dorm for the next three days

Xael: guys stop.

Xael: you're fighting like children for a toy ie. me

Before I could read the next message, in my peripheral vision I saw a sleek black car pull up in front of the lecture hall. Looking up from my phone, I saw Sven grinning and waving at me from the backseat.