07 | the questions

Xael Wright

Xael Wright

I entered Vira, with nervous butterflies in my stomach. I did not expect him to be there already.

 He was wearing the same pants as in the morning but just changed his shirt. From a green button-up, he was now in a white one. He looked striking. That was the only comment I could form in my mind. 

My parents always said that I recognised the smallest things in people if it was a new style or a haircut.

When he looked up to me, he waved me over. I saw that he was sitting at a corner table which was facing the cerulean sky. I could say that he picked an amazing spot. The moment I approached the table, he instantly got up and pulled me to the chair opposite. It was a pretty sweet thing that he did.

It was like both of us did not know what to say first. So I took the initiative to say something.

"Hey! You look handsome," I told him and I saw a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Hey, glad you could make it and by the way, you look stunning."

"I'm ordering a peach ice tea, do you want something?" I asked before going towards the counter to order. I was craving Vira's delicious ice tea from the afternoon.

"I think I will have the passion fruit ice tea and let me pay," he said, getting up. 

I am very stubborn when people say that they would pay for me. It felt like I owed them something. So me being myself, started arguing on who would pay. The next few minutes was just a meaningless argument. So when we walked up to the billing counter, we came to a conclusion that we should split the bill.

While we were waiting for our drinks, I looked around to see a few people studying with their laptops and books out with serious faces. Few were taking their drinks to go. Few people sat together in groups and were having fun.

We finally got our drinks and sat down. Just then an idea struck my mind. I suggested, "How about we ask each other questions? It will help us in knowing each other better."

Orion was looking at me in an amused state, "So you want to play twenty questions?"

"I mean yeah..."

"Okay, I will start first. What's your favourite colour?" Orion asked.

"I like black. It represents power and elegance. How about you?"

"I like yellow. It represents sunshine and hope. Next question, what is your favourite show?" he asked after replying.

"I like this show called Greenhouse Academy on Netflix. It makes me want to have the devices they used in the show."

I think even Orion watched it when I started talking about the show. He said that he had binged watched all the four seasons once. Proceeding to the next question, I asked him, "What is your full name?"

He raised one of his eyebrows in question but replied, "It is Orion Griffin Warner. What about you? Any middle name?"

I knew my middle name would sound bland in front of him but I still answered him. "I have one. It is Ivy. Xael Ivy Wright."

"Ivy...it sounds pretty beautiful." That instantly brought a small blush to my cheeks. He just looked at me and laughed lightly. His laugh was wow.

We continuously asked each other questions and had a pretty nice time. We were about nineteen questions just then after a bit of thought, Orion asked, "When is your birthday? And can I have your number, if you want to give?"

I knew that I could trust him enough to give him my number. So I replied, "My birthday is on April 13th. When is yours?" After answering, I gave him my phone to enter his phone and while he gave his.

Orion answered, "My birthday is on July 3rd and I'm assuming that you will be turning 21 this April."

"Yeah. So you are around 3 months younger than me. I mean I assumed you were born in January or something," I said.

Orion started chuckling, "People always assumed."

 I mean when I saw him, I thought he was older than me but it was bad of me to assume. People say don't judge a book by its cover and I just did that. I immediately sank into my seat to avoid the embarrassment. 

I think even Orion noticed it and said, "Hey, no need to be embarrassed, these things happen."

My phone beeped for some random notification and I looked to see that it had already been an hour since I came here. Now I understood the concept where people said time flies when you spend it with the correct person.

 If Orion did not return my feelings we could at least be great friends. I knew we would have to part ways so I took the risk and asked Orion, "Do you want to go on a walk around campus?"

Orion smiled and held out his hand for me to take it. It was a pretty sweet gesture that almost made my heart melt. We walked out of Vira with just a few centimetres gap between us.

The sun just set and it was starting to get dark. Shades of orange were mixed blue and there were specks of purple here and there. It made beautiful scenery.

We walked to one of the buildings enjoying each other's company and the breeze around us. We finally walked back to the parking lot.

"So this is it. I had an amazing time. How about you?" Orion asked. He was leaning against his car which was parked just opposite to mine. I got to say it was a pretty nice car.

I knew that I had an amazing time so with a huge smile on my face, I told him, "Me too. I'm going to text you once I get back."

I waved him a bye and we got into our respective cars. He got out of the parking lot first and followed him. I took out my car.

Today turned out to be good. I think after everything, my crush on him just increased. I just want to go back to the dorm, change my clothes and go to bed. I was pretty exhausted.
-----------------

It was my first time writing something like this. I hope it is nice. But I had fun writing it.

Do you want Orion and Xael to meet again somewhere?

I just realized that this is the longest chapter I have ever written. I think I am improving.

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞.