25 | the stars

Xael Wright 

Xael Wright 

No relationship was perfect. I could prove it.

It had been two months and thirteen days since Orion and I said 'I love you' to each other. With the proclamation of love, our relationship became more serious. We began to see each other in a different light.

Our relationship looked like rainbows and ponies but it only looked like that because of communication. We told each other if something was wrong whether it be on text or when we met face to face. Communication was key.

There were days when Orion felt very down, didn't want to talk to anybody or get out of bed. We tried to be positive those days and be extra happy.

There were days when I felt too lazy to go for a run or go to the gym. Orion practically dragged me out and made me feel more motivated.

It was February 13th today, a Sunday, the day before Valentine's day. We were celebrating it today in my dorm by ordering takeout and talking. Staying indoors was more our thing than going to a restaurant for a date.

"Pizza or Chinese?" Orion asked while about to order dinner.

"Pizza. And-"

Orion finished the sentence. "Margherita for you. I'll order a medium then."

I kissed him on his cheek dimple. "Thank you."

Orion repeated the order. "One medium Margherita and one coke."

"Yep."

Around thirty minutes later, we were sitting on my bed with freshly painted black nails, after munching on a delicious pizza and drinking coke from Ikea glasses. This was our ideal date. Just us.

Orion pointed at us. "Look at us, having a date night in matching graphic tees and sweatpants."

For Christmas, as one of Orion's gifts, I bought us both matching black graphic tees. The selfies that we took before this proved that my gift was an amazing idea.

I laughed. "Comfort should have the highest priority."

"True."

"I'm grateful that Cleo could go to Xion's."

My best friend was kind of a saviour at this point. She volunteered to go to Xion's when Orion and I proposed that we would have a date night in the dorm. Both of us were more than grateful. I owed her one.

Orion pulled me to his side. My head was lying on his chest now. "Gorgeous, we can do anything."

My eyebrows shot up. "Anything?"

Orion flicked my forehead. "Xael, get your mind out of the gutter."

"Oww." I rubbed my forehead. "Orion, that was mean. Who said my mind was in the gutter?"