03 | those eyes

Xael Wright

Xael Wright

A long week of classes and assignments left me stressed and angry. You might be asking why I was angry, the number of assignments and material that was given had me want to pull my hair out. 

I could not even enjoy an episode of my favourite medical drama, Chicago Med. Every day after finishing my studying and assignments for the day, Cleo and I would sit and watch our favourite show on my laptop. We would relax and have fun.

Finally, as the end of the week came by, I was so ready to hit the gym. To prepare for the gym, I stuffed my duffel bag with essentials and packed an outfit for the gym. Taking my wallet, car keys and phone, I walked out of my dorm building. 

Putting my duffel bag in the back seat, I walked to the drivers' seat. I turned the ignition of my car, and it roared to life. I had a blue BMW 5 series, it was stylish but classy.

In high school, I took up a part-time job to start a car fund. I paid for half of it and my parents paid for the other half. So I could say that I got the car with my hard work and determination. My parents always told my siblings and me that if you want something, always work for it. This was my motto throughout high school and even now in college.

Having finally reached my destination, I noticed that there were very few spots available for parking. After a lot of turns, I found a spot and parked my car. I took my duffel bag out and went inside. 

I greeted the person at the front desk and took a key for the lockers. As I changed into my gym outfit, I folded the clothes I had previously worn and stuffed them in my bag. Taking the bag, I locked the locker and went inside the gym.

Today's workout was nothing too simple nor difficult. I honestly did not have the mood to lift weights so I was sticking to running on the treadmill and doing some crunches and lunges.

Walking onto the treadmill, I started running on it at a medium speed to get the burn. Finishing with that, I went to a corner where there were mats. I did around fifty lunges and crunches. Just when I was walking to the locker room, I saw the guy.

I felt like the universe was telling me something as I saw him almost everywhere. Or as people who read romance novels say 'Its Fate'. But that was kind of unrealistic.

I would say that he was attractive and entrancing. He had broad shoulders with amazing biceps. This was just the icing. The cherry on top was his well-defined abs. I could stare into his stunning green eyes all day, and his jet black hair complimented them perfectly.

After finishing my workout and packing my things, I walked towards my car and drove to my dorm. The drive was around fifteen minutes so I played one of my playlists.

Reaching my dorm, I barged in to see Cleo and my brother Xion talking and having fun. I cleared my throat and saw both their heads snap at me.

"What is happening here?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Xion came here to give you something but ended up staying here," Cleo said, having a hard time covering her blush.

I knew there was more to the story than what Cleo told. So I ignored it for now. I have given my blessing for them to make a move but I don't know what they are waiting for. Not that they needed my blessing.

"I need your best friend advice, Cleo. I saw the guy again in the gym today and felt like introducing myself to him," I said it all in one breath.

"You what! Bestie, you see him almost every day. Maybe you should do it", said Cleo.

"Who are you talking about? And who is this guy?" questioned Xion.

"Xael over here sees a guy almost every day on her run and in the gym for the last three years and hasn't done anything about it," explained Cleo the situation to Xion.

"Interesting. Very interesting. I think my baby sister has a crush," Xion said with a smirk.

"Me a crush? No way." I knew that I turned into a tomato.

This action was noticed by both my best friend and elder brother. And they both started smirking. I knew there were going to do something.

"So you admit you have a crush on this guy," teased Xion.

"Maybe..."I ran into the bathroom to change and avoid any more awkward conversations about my love life with my elder brother.

This guy was making me feel things that I have not felt before. I mean I had crushes before but this is a whole new level.
-----------------------------

So Xael admitted she has a crush on Orion.

Do you think something happens to change their routine?

And some stuff about Cleo and Xion. Huh.

𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞.