12 | the movie

Orion Warner

Orion Warner

 When I heard that Xael wanted to go to the gym, I thought that we would lift some weights, run on the treadmill, have a good workout but imagine my state when I heard that Xael wanted to use the punching bag. I was surprised but didn't manage to show it, I instead replied with a smirk.

The punching bag was something we didn't do yet though we worked out together a few times as I had no interest in it and Xael hadn't shown much interest in it. It was obvious that she was punchy from the time she told me one day when I startled her during a run.

"Do you have your gloves or should you use the ones from the gym?" I asked as generally in gyms, the size of boxing gloves were larger than an average human hand. The moment I said that Xael expression turned into a smirk.

"I brought my boxing gloves." It was like she was prepared to do this today at any chance. Then she added, "You know what, I will go get them." Before I could say anything, she ran off to the locked rooms to get her gloves.

In a matter of a few minutes, she was back with her set of boxing gloves. When she was back, it looked like she removed her t-shirt and now she was just in her tight and black sports bra. I could see her toned arms and stomach which she no doubt put a lot of effort into achieving. But my curiosity peaked at seeing a tattoo on the side of her abdomen. It was of two butterflies.

Noticing that I did not have a pair of gloves in my hands, Xael asked, "Are you not using the punching bag?" Though I was tired, I was not much of an enthusiast in punching. I tried it once in freshman year when I was trying everything in the gym and it did not just sit with me.

"Nope. I'm already exhausted plus I'm not a big fan of it." I politely said it so I didn't upset her.

"Oh. Already exhausted?" Xael asked. I think she noticed that I was not as energetic as usual.

"Yeah. Long day." Today was a long day; going to the hospital, the appointment, meeting my parents then finally coming to the gym. I usually had more energy than this but today I felt almost exhausted just by doing a few things in the gym. Now, I just wanted to be on the sidelines while Xael punched the bag. "I'll just stay on the side."

"Yeah sure. Whatever makes you feel comfortable." Xael then proceeded to put on her gloves methodically. Finishing with that, she went to the punching bag. Keeping her balance, she put her right leg behind, her left hand in a fist as a defensive stance and her right hand ready to punch.

Xael started throwing aggressive punches at the bag, moving around so she could get different angles to hit. It was like she wanted to hit someone with all that pent up anger. Xael was the kind of person who was always calm and composed so it was astonishing to see her in this form.

After a few minutes, I knew that I had to step in when I saw that the bag was ready to fall if Xael threw one more punch at it. I tried calling her name a few times but it was like she was in some sort of trance. Going towards her back, I put my hands on her waist and pulled her from the bag before she hurt her hands.