t h r e e

"I wonder what fool it was that first invented kissing."

-J.S.

                   ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

As if feeling his pointed gaze towards me, my eyes just couldn't stray away.
His defined cheekbones, dark hair,a set of full lips and dark eyes that was storming with different emotions captured me like a prey.

As if in a trance aunt replied after a while.

" Alp- I mean umm.." as if a she was communicating with someone inside her head she continued after a  while," Lennox. Nice to meet you again." Aunt grimaced giving me a strained smile.

"And this is..?" Lennox, as my called him said while his gaze never strayed from me. Not even once. I could feel him observing me closely as he looked over my eyes, hair and dragging his eyes towards my lips and then down towards my body. I shivered involuntarily.

"She's my niece Adalyn. She came from Westfield to spend some weeks here... I was just asking her to join you if you don't mind." She added hastily as if its just an afterthought.

"Hi. Nice to meet you Lennox." He shivered as took a deep breath unknown emotions swimming in his eyes.

"Adalyn" he whispered hoarsely.

His eyes staring deeply into mine and then he abruptly left without saying anything. Cold aura leaking from him making everyone in his way flinching unconsciously.

I stared at him till I can't see him anymore. What a weird guy.

My aunt as if she's still not over the whole ordeal quickly paid the bill while pulling me out and rushing towards the home.

Strangely when we arrived uncle and twins were already present looking tense. I can't decipher the atmosphere and reason why they were all acting like this.

Aunt ushered me towards my room on the second floor while they discussed something among themselves.

I didn't want to care but it seemed like it was about me but suddenly feeling exhausted I decided to lay down on the bed and close my eyes for a while.

After what seemed like  hours I woke up to light knocking on my door. I didn't realized when I fell asleep.

Aunt Mary lightly opened the door as she made her way towards me. Her eyes complicated.

"  Dear. I'm sorry I didn't mean this to happen." She mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" I asked sluggishly rubbing my eyes.

" Come on Ada dear wake up. There's a guest down we are having dinner with. It's not nice to make them wait." She caressed my hair her eyes filled with love and loss.

I opened my one eye to look over her ignoring her tone.

When we head down  I stiffened when I saw the same guy we met at the restaurant. Lennox. Why is he here? There was a strange suffocating silence in the dining room . When we arrived the twins unconsciously released a sigh as if they've been holding their breathe.

I made my way towards my regular seat with the twins when my aunt as if noticing my behavior hastily pulled a chair for me beside Lennox.

I mumbled thanks under my breathe ignoring everyone's strange behavior. I could see my uncle stiff shoulders and twins looking tense while aunt hastily took her seat across uncle Steve.

From my peripheral vision I could feel Lennox looking at me. Yup definitely a creep then. But why did uncle and aunt invited him then. They didn't even seem close.

Uncle cleared his throat as he gave me a wobbly smile clearly feeling the tension in the air.

"Ahem. I apologize for taking off in a hurry this afternoon. It was not my intention to do without a proper farewell." A crisp voice pulled me out and I finally took a look at him.

He looked different. He was wearing a button down shirt with a jacket and ripped jeans , an expensive watch casually adorning his hand.

He smelled like aftershave and the smell after rain. With how loudly my family inhaled sporting a shocked look it seems like he was usually not this calm. I definitely got different vibes from him this afternoon but somehow he felt very calm now. Almost like he's totally in control of his emotions.

"It's-its fine." He could clearly see that even though I was nervous but I didn't mind him.

"If you don't mind I would like to get to know you more." His eyes peered deeply into mine. I nodded slightly making him smirk.

There was something about him. Something that was pulling me in. I just can't seem to look away the same way a moth is attracted to flame. His deep gaze and magnetic voice was giving me tingles.

After saying a few more words to my uncle he started eating his food. Throughout the dinner I could feel his eyes on me but never once I lifted my face up knowing better to stare at someone I barely knew. He would think I'm a creep.

Soon after he left after saying a few more words to everyone. But not without giving me a scorching gaze. This time he bid me a silent farewell by nodding his head slightly in my direction. As soon as he left everyone heaved a sigh of relief.

I really wanted to ask them more about this mysterious man but suddenly exhaustion took over my body. I bid by goodnight and returned to my room and carefully closing the door.

As soon as I laid down I was out but I vaguely felt someone covering me with a duvet and lightly caressing my hair. Too deep in sleep I didn't even remember anything the next morning. 

A pair of dark blue eyes flashed in my mind so clear and murky at the same time. Soon my breathe evened out.

_______________________________________

Please leave a comment and press that star. It would mean a lot to me. I'm always excited to hear what people think about my book.

Thank you. ILY. xx

_______________________________________