T w e n t y T h r e e

Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.

George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

✿ ✿ ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✿ ✿

ADALYN POV•

I felt like I was moving in circles. Even though the path I was walking is as straight as it could be it felt like I wasn't going anywhere. I didn't even knew how long I've been walking for but if it goes like this I don't think I'll even know what to do next.

I looked towards my right and saw the same wall pattern I've seeing for a while.

Well maybe I'm walking the same path.

The wall was strangely patterned. Although it was all stone but some weird letters and symbols were engraved in it. I decided to take a closer look.

Maybe it was nothing or maybe it can mean something.

As soon as I was under half a meter radius close to the wall, a fierce headache pierced through me.

God not again. I can feel my head bursting and distantly throbbing as if being hit by a hammer. I clutched my head as hard as I can.   After a minute or two the headache reduced.

I opened my eyes and to my astonishment I can read what was written on the wall.

Like what I've seen before was nothing but delusion but now I can see and understand clearly. What happened in the while I closed my eyes and opened them again?

I decided not to ponder any longer and focus on what's in front of me.

Dust was accumulated over some words so I cleaned it a bit before reading it clearly.

'Far from where you arrive where you search, it lies where it's safe, search for it as you search. '

What does that even mean. Is it some kind of riddle? A puzzle?

I tried to read it again and again so that it understand it but still drew a blank.

It lies where it is safe? What does that even mean?

Search for it as you search. Search...

I looked around the infinitely corridor that seemed as if it was endless but now I knew that it isn't. That it is just a part of illusion.

If I only knew what I was searching for...

There it is.

Inconspicuously as if hidden I saw the ground was different from the area around me. Don't ask me how I knew because it looked the same but something tells me this is it. I have to go there and so I did.

As soon as I stepped over the stone I can feel it wobble over my weight and sinking down slowly. .

I tried to be calm about it as if its an everyday occasion but I can't lie to the drumming of my heart.

I can feel the air changing around me as soon as the stone went deeper and deeper. More denser and pungent. I can feel goosebumps over myself as I looked the dark hole I've been plunging into.

I thought it will be darkness all around but soon I realised that might not be the case. I can see candles all around. But there seems to be something wrong with them. They weren't melting as if its magic.

I don't think there's any way it make sense for candles to not melt it ot isn't magic. Witchcraft.

Does this means that this place is also made by the witches? It can be a possibility.

Soon I landed softly on the ground and the stone perfectly fitted with the ground like a piece of puzzle.

This time I firstly looked around for any more weird symbols on the wall before walking forward. After walking a few minutes I arrived the a door that seemed to be shut tightly.

I tried pushing and pulling it with all my strength but after failing successively I gave up. There might be a key or something. I tried to search around the perimeter to find something to open the door.

I turned around to see if I could find a clue or something but unexpectedly tripped over something. 

I didn't remember if there was anything behind me that could possibly trip me over.

Hiss...hiss...hiss

To my astonishment I heard hissing all around me.

"Oh no." As far I can see I was surrounded by snakes that have silently crept behind me while I wasn't paying attention.

This does not look good.

_______________________________________

Hey.
Comment and vote if you like this story so far.