T W E N T Y F O U R

"You have to die a few times before you can really
live."

-Charles Bukowski

_

______________________________________

•ADALYN POV•

I can feel the fear grip me. My feet felt like they were struck. No matter how much I tried I just couldn't move. Fear was paralyzing me.

This can't end like this.

"Hold on." Suddenly I heard a female voice as a rope was handed to me from nowhere.

I decided not to think too much and quickly held on and I was pulled up.

I saw a woman my age in front of me. She helped me.

"Thank you." I said gratefully.

"What are you doing here?" I looked at her carefully. She was wearing black tights and black vest. Her hair were chopped short to her shoulders but what was the most magnificent feature were her eyes. They weren't of extraordinary colour just very fierce. Like looking at two burning pits.

"Do you know this shouldn't be a place for you." She was getting impatient at this point.

"I was just looking for something." I mumbled like a child being scolded by their parent.

"Look this is a very dangerous place and you should just go. I'll take you out." She pulled me towards somewhere.

"Wait. I can't go without what I came for. It's very important."

"More than your life?" She snapped.

"Reaching this far wasn't easy for me. I can't just go back." I can be very stubborn when I want to be.

"Okay. Do whatever you want." She turned out to leave.

"Wait. What are you doing here?" I thought you can't enter here but here is another person.

"None of your business." She said while  she continued on walking.

Watching her figure getting smaller and smaller was making me jittery for some reason. Maybe she knows what I'm trying to find and she can help me.

Running as fast I can I tried to catch up with her.  But she was gone as fast as she came like I've been imagining her up. But looking at the still slithering snakes on the ground I felt a chill creep up on my back.

Yup. Not totally hallucinating up people.

Guess I've to find some another way to look around here. Then I noticed the vines hanging over the ceiling. It may not be the safest but much safer than walking through snakes.

Holding onto the vines, I felt them if they were sturdy enough to hold my weight. And much upto my expectations they were good enough to hold onto for the time being.

I gripping them tightly and slowly clung my body around it and move it as if I'm in a jungle book.

After fifteen minutes I can feel my hands burning with pain, sweat dripping down my face and my legs unsteady. This was totally not a good idea for me who doesn't devote much of her time to physical activity.

But with every ounce of strength I can muster, I moved on to the next vine while not forgetting to hold onto the current vine more tightly for grip.

Gosh it's harder than it looks.

A

fter another ten minutes I was ready to give up at any second but soon my sight landed on a cliff like rock that was big and round and looked stable enough to hold my weight.

My body felt so sore at this point that I knew it was best not to stretch my limits. After mustering through a few more minutes of gripping, pushing and moving my legs landed with a thud on the stone cliff.

Oh thank you lord for this solid ground that I can stand onto. Never have I been more happier than now to have a solid surface beneath my feet.

But I know I have to move on if I want to search ... I don't know what I'm even searching for. But well lets keep going.

As soon as I lifted up my head my eyes stared straight at it.

What the hell it is?

_______________________________________