s e v e n

Adalyn pov:-

I heard the screech of tyres as soon as I closed the door.

He is gone.

I don't know why it was bothering me more than it should to be apart with him. It was like being separated from a peice of you. I know it was creepy to be this attached to a man I just met on top of being recently dumped but I can't just help being enchanted by him.

It was like he was my addiction.

Being near him gave me a sense of euphoria that momentarily make for forget everything. My chest thumped lightly at the thought of missing this feeling.

At that moment I realised that the house was quite. Very quite.

"Aunt. Uncle. I'm back." But the only answer I got was silence.

Where are they? I decided to wait for them in my room. But the thought of being alone with my thoughts terrified me more than anything. Is he also feeling as lonely as me?

================================

It was late at night when aunt, uncle and the twins arrived. I heard the movement from backdoor then some shuffling of feet. I decided to confirm it were them.

As I descended down the stairs I saw mud covered floor and a bit of earthy smell in the air. I'm sure people just don't bring dirty shoes inside their homes. And it was kinda weird to get this much mud on the feet unless they were out in the forest or field.

"We have to act normally so that she doesn't sus-" a female voice whispered but was cut off abruptly.

"And how do you think thats gonna work. You know he won't stop or bother to hide anything till he gets what he want."

"So we just give up?" I recognize this to be Andy. Only he would be this frustrated. But what they were talking about? Who they want not to suspect?

"You know what a mate means to us. We can't just interfere in the destiny of others." A voice much calmer than anyone, uncle steve said after which I heard a bang as if something was smashed against the walls.

"But she's not like us dad-" I couldn't hear the full sentence because at that movement as if they realised someone was hearing them, they all stopped. Then I heard footsteps after which aunt Mary emerged from the living room and saw me.

She gave me what looked like a smile while gauging my expression.

"Why are you here dear? I'm sorry we didn't mean to wake you up. We just returned from a community meeting of our town." She said in her normal warm tone.

I decided to ignore whatever I heard just moments before.

"No it's fine. I was also waiting for you. Have you eaten?" I inquired as everyone else came out . Uncle looked like as he usually is but Andy and Andrew were wearing identical frowns looking totally pissed. 

"Yes dear. How was your outing today?" The twins huffed as they stormed their way to their rooms as soon as aunt asked this. What's wrong with them?

I looked at their direction as they vehemently ignored me which was a first. Are they PMS'ing?

A warm hand clasped mine and Aunt gave me a sweet smile.

A loud howl came from outside the house and hurried footsteps can be heard from the backyard. Is it an animal? It was too dark to look outside the window.

"Come dear we have to talk . Someone is waiting to talk to you and it's not nice to let someone wait."what she talking about are they not afraid of wild animals?

Just then the back to that I had just closed, opened  with the bang and a dark silhouette of a man can be seen. A silhouette I'm familiar with.

Lennox.

What is he doing here? Is invited by my aunt? What is going on I am very confused. What are they gonna tell me?

I could feel my breath speeding as all this questions I  had this week revolve around my mind and suddenly I can't think straight. I knew they were hiding something but just tried to ignore it . I thought it didn't matter but now I can feel that all the mysteries are interconnected. And it's related to me  but can it be I was so curious.

I can feel someone putting their arms around me instantly calming me down. There's only one person that can do that.

"Calm down woman. Take a deep breath" a voice so close to me that I can feel their breathe whispered. Was it always so easy to calm down? Or is it just him?

I felt myself relaxing against the warm embrace of him.

"There's so much you need to know woman how could you handle it all." He said with a light chuckle as I whined. I could feel him pulling me closer.

By how persistent he was in sending me out of his place I thought he was just bluffing when he said that he'll see me again. That I've somehow managed to make yet another man disgusted with me.

No don't go there now. Stop.

I tried to stop and not think about him at this moment. And surprisingly it was easy. We can always ignore or forget people easily but what's not easier is to forget how they made you feel.

"I can feel your emotions woman. Calm down. I'll- umm I'll always be here." I could feel how hesitant he was to say this.

You could bet he has never comforted anyone. Then suddenly I realized I could touch some hard. He's naked. What's happening. Well not that I'm complaining but isn't it too soon?

Only now I can see he was barefoot with only a pair of shorts covering his privates.

Is it normal to meet hot half naked guys? And they come to your house at nearly midnight.

"Dear come lets sit inside. I'll call the twins." Only now I realised aunt and uncle were still in the room while I was hugging a hot half naked guy they introduced me just one day prior. I could feel my cheeks heating up as I instantly let him go.

He growled lightly in my ears as he put his arms around me and his nose at the crook of my neck inhaling deeply.

_______________________________________
Hey.

I know this might be not the best but it's my baby. Please vote and comment. It would mean a lot lot to me.

Thank you.:-*