e i g h t

I could feel his arms tightening around me. Looking back at him all I could see were his deep dark eyes trained on me. Captivating me.

I felt a light jerk and realized I've changed my position. Just now I was standing across the lobby and now I'm in the living room couch. I sat there for a second or two in complete confusion unable to realise I'm sitting on someone. Who else could it be I can never get wrong with the way he was winding his arms around me his nose buried in my hair.

"What just happened? We were there-" I whispered still trying to make sense of what really happened.

"Shh. It's alright. You'll know what you need soon. Calm down" only then I realised my body quivering inside his arms.

With the fireplace burning there's no way I could get cold even if it's freezing out there.  Lennox snapped his fingers and a huge blanket suddenly appeared out of thin air covering us both.

Then I noticed him. Was I hallucinating? He was just naked but now he was wearing thick robes with golden embroidery. They felt soft. Softer than anything I've ever touched.

"I've informed the twins they'll be here in a second." My uncle coughed as me made his seat across to where we were seated. They were acting very normal. As if its everyday to see a girl sitting on someone's lap who she had met just days ago. And that a blanket can appear out of air or travelling in a blink of eyes. What's wrong with them or it something wrong with me?

"Calm down woman. You'll know everything soon . Take a breathe." Lennox whispered in my ear , his voice as cold as ever even though his words means otherwise. I stared deep into his eyes trying to figure out what was he thinking. Most of the time his face is stoic but sometimes I can feel his tenderness towards me. Sometimes when he is irritated his eyes will set crinkle towards the sides and he will pursed out. And on the rare occasion when he would feel a bit good  his expression seems very relaxed.

I saw a movement from my peripheral vision and turned towards it. I was so focused on Lennox that I didn't realised that everyone were gathered here. I could feel my face heating up as I tried to duck my head a little with no success as Lennox was holding my neck slightly as he buried his nose there making me more embarrassed.

I tried to push him lightly off me but he growled lowly as if warning me not to remove him or he'll do much worse which he did as he lightly grazed his teeth over a spot on my neck which send shivers down my spine. I can feel my whole body buzzing in pleasure and ecstasy. 

"Are we gonna tell her now?" Andy gritted in an annoyed  voice pulling me out of wherever my head was seconds ago.

I can feel Lennox getting angry as his growls were getting louder and louder. He was looking straight at Andy.

"Calm him down Ada. Touch him lightly." My aunt said in a worried tone. I did as she asked and after a few minutes I can feel he was a bit calm than he was before but still not much better as he was with the way his arms were clenching around me.

"Shall we start now? Start from what are you all?" Finally I couldn't take the curiosity anymore and asked what I've been dying to know.

"We've been here all along dear. Maybe we're different and since humans fear the unknown we've hiding since a few centuries. You still know about us with the amount of stories publishing every year on our kind but still not enough to believe in our existence" Aunt was observing my expression as she said all that in a smooth tone. As if she's telling me a story.

But this didn't answer my question.
"What are you?" I asked again.

"Werewolves as you call us." This time Andrew who have been quite for a while now replied looking straight at me.

I can feel the room go silent as the tension inside rose a few pitch.

Are they joking or is it really happening. At one point I believed that they'll jump suddenly and they will tell me its a prank. But none of this happened and it was still deadly quite inside apart from the occasional growl from Lennox making him almost wolf like. What an irony.

"Is it true?" I still can't believe myself when they all nodded in succession.

"And you're my mate. Don't ever forget that because I'm not letting you go woman." Lennox whispered lightly in my ear biting my lobes as after he said that.

"What's a mate?" I couldn't comprehend what was everything real or unreal but kept asking questions as if I've no control over myself.

"It means that you're mine. Forever." It should have sounded more scary than it did but unexpectedly I all I felt was warmth inside me with a bit of excitement.

" Mates are the destined partner of a wolf blessed by the mood goddess. Its a very holy thing for our kind to have a mate and to share their lives with each other." After uncle said that he put his arms around aunt and pulled her lightly towards himself gazing at her lovingly. I looked at Lennox but strangely he was looking elsewhere as if thinking about something very deeply . He seemed very irritated for some reasons.

"Are you two mates?" I knew the answer to this question but still asked because Lennox interlocked our fingers on my lap and he was clenching them with a little too much force and I need something to distract me from the pain.

"Yes dear. We found each other when we were eighteen. Had kids the very next year." My aunt said while giggling as if remembering the moment.

I wiggled my fingers hissing lowly and that seemed to break Lennox out of the reverie he was in. Gazing at my hands he saw his trace of his fingerprints causing him to clench his jaw tightly. He lifted my hand tenderly as he skimmed his lips lightly over the marks all the while gazing deeply at me with his deep blue eyes.

It seemed as if he was apologising in his own way. But he didn't have to. Not to me atleast.

"I think Adalyn should rest now." He ordered in his cold commanding voice as he lifted me up in a princess carry easily and took me upstairs before I can even realise anything. In a blink we were upstairs in my room.

I heard the click on the lock inside the still dark room as Lennox made his way over to my bed. He tenderly laid me down on the soft mattress as he hovered over me. I can feel his heated  gaze over me as he inspected my face keenly his expression a little dazed.

Oh no. Maybe I won't be sleeping tonight.

That's the only thought I had on my mind  this moment.

_______________________________________

Hey. How are you liking my story this far?

Please give me your support if you like this. I'm on 70 views but still no vote or comment. Please if you're reading this I would love the support. Thank you. Xo.