t h i r t e e n

"I would have followed you to hell and back... if only you'd lead me back."

Ranata Suzuki

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

                    •ADALYN POV•

When I woke up this morning it was unusually quite in the cabin. Knowing Lennox one would expect him to get up before the sun even enter the horizon so I was very shocked.

Changing into a pair of shirt that was way too large for me and shorts thats been folded twice at the waist, I made my way around the house.

I could see that his door was still locked from inside so he was definitely not up yet. I even thought about knocking on his door but remembering about the kiss the night before I lost all the courage.

Thinking better of it I decide to make breakfast for us. After being fed by him for the last few times I wanted to return the gesture by making him the only thing I know how to make - a breakfast of egg and toast. I know its not he most exquisite but this is the only food I survived on during my college.

I tried learning but failed miserably after buried some pots , a microwave , a toaster and nearly setting my apartment on fire.

In between all the memories of my horrible cooking I was reminded of the time when my Oliver - no my ex tried my food for the first time . The instant he ate it, he spit everything out but because he does comes to my place once in a while I learned a simple recipe of egg and toast.

It was not the best but for me it was the only comfort food till now because of the memories associated with it. But today it doesn't sounded as appealing as it did once. Maybe I should try to learning something new. But probably some other day. I don't want Lennox to think that I can't even cook a simple meal.

I don't know why but there was this desire inside me to show my best side to him. It always feels like that if he knew of the flaws in me he wouldn't even bother to put up with my shit.

The kitchen was neatly arranged as if it was maintained by a professional. Everything has a designated place and not a speck of dust could be seen anywhere.

I opened the fully stocked fridge and took out a carton of eggs, cheese and a loaf of bread to slice. Cracking eggs in a large bowl I whished it with a fork for a minute before adding salt and pepper. Heating up a skillet I greased it with olive oil before poring my eggs into it and setting the stove on low.

Slicing my bread I threw them in toaster before stirring the eggs slowly. I was totally emersed into my cooking , trying very hard not to burn the eggs or the bread so I didn't realise there was someone else in the kitchen until a pair of arms went around my waist and held me lightly against a strong chest.

"Smells really good." Lennox mumbled while nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck. His hair was tickling my face at this position.

"Are you talking about the eggs?" Even though he might not know but I noticed his weird habit of sniffing me everytime I'm around. I even had a hunch that this was some creepy Warewolf thing but gradually it doesn't feel that much creepy if he does it. This guy can make anything look sexy.

"Eggs and you. Both." I can feel his chest vibrating as he chuckled. He childishly bit my neck with little force making me giggle.

"Stop it. I don't want these eggs to burn." I berated him in what I believe was my best strict voice but I knew he wasn't taking it seriously.