T w e n t y T w o

•ADALYN POV•

We were on our way to Argus. Lennox said that he does have an idea or two about what we should do next.

"Is this it?" Looking at the giant abandoned castle like place I was in awe.

"Once I used to live here. It was the most magnificent and glorious one in the whole world wide. " I can feel his sadness as Lennox said that. Waking up after years and knowing that everyone you ever known of , everything you were familiar with is just gone must be pretty devastating.

"I wish I could see that." Even just by looking at the ruined palace I can feel it must be magical. It had these big gates, bigger than I've ever seen leading to smaller buildings which surrounded the big centre palace. It was made of stone bricks which were bit green because of not being maintained but overall the ruins, if we can even say it that, were in good condition. I can feel what it must be in its prime.

Lennox continued to lead me through the maze of big doors and halls that have roof high up to three storeys with big gigantic chalenders hanging on top.

"Ok even though this is a nice place but what we are doing here?" Ever since we entered I can feel that Lennox was in a trance. It was rare to see him not being controlled.

"Come. Argus is waiting." His voice was hoarse as his hand that was holding mine tightened further as he pulled me towards a wall which was inscripted with symbols that I definitely could not recognize.

He pushed around the wall as if trying to find something and then suddenly pushed a particular place with a little force and soon the whole wall transformed to reveal a staircase going downwards. The way was lit which was unexpected.

We continued to move down and soon reached a place that have different kinds of liquids in various flasks that were placed methodically on the shelves all around the room.

It looks straight from harry Potter set . As soon as we entered we saw Argus fumbling around on a table as he mixed several of these liquids on top of another.

Was it a chemistry lab?

"Is everything ready?" Lennox voice boomed around the quite dungeon.

"Well as good as it could be done in this short notice but I think it might suffice."

Argus pulled out a table and arranged various device around it. Only now I noticed a heart monitor and some weird things I've never seen.

"What are these liquids for?"  I thought that we would use some kind of magic or shit like that not actual hospital devices. I can't even decide what I'm more scared of.

"Oh they're for... Some useful stuff. We might not actually use them." Argus replied sheepishly.

That's a relief.

"Come here." Lennox called me towards the table which seem to be I'll be laying. I don't even know what's gonna happen but whatever it is I gotta trust him. I choose this. I choose to help him consciously knowing it might involve some things that might make me uncomfortable. And even in this moment all I can think of was this is what I want to do . And that no fear is gonna stop me.

I put my palm into his extended hand as he slowly pulled me towards the table pushing me gently onto it.

"Close you eyes." He softly commanded me. I felt him putting a big circular ring over my forehead.

As soon as I closed my eyes I could feel the cold , hard surface of the table digging onto my back that I was quite obvious of before.

I can feel Argus rummaging around and attaching various wires over my head to the circular device.

"Its call teletherapy. I'm gonna put you in a state of sleep and you'll have an outer body experience. You'll see things and you'll tell us what you're seeing. And hopefully because you're connected with his wolf you'll be able to see where is he. Remember to be careful not to touch anything."

"Ok." This sounded very scary to be honest.

"Don't worry. Its not magic but neither it is scientific but you'll be fine." Lennox squeezed my hand twice.

I heard a click before I felt myself slipping into a state of sleepiness.

"What do you see?"  I can hear muddled voices that seem to ve very far away from me. I tried very hard to tell them that I couldn't see or feel anything. Its like I am in a vacuum.

Suddenly there was a light ray from one end of the infinitely long tunnel that I found myself in. It was like an underground subway with endless path on both side. An infinity corridor.

I decided to go towards the source of light because there's no way I'm going towards the darkness.

Step by step I walked into the nothingness.

_______________________________________

Everything that's written is not scientific and totally made up. Be sure to like and comment 😊. I'll be updating soon. Love you all for giving my book a chance to be read.