e l e v e n

The splendid thing
about falling apart
silently...
is that
you can start over
as many times
as you like.

         ● ✿ ● ✿ ● ✿ ● ✿ ● ✿ ● ✿ ●

After having dinner we had this unspoken tactic understanding that I might spend the night here as well. It seemed neither he wants me to go nor I was particularly interested in going.

But with this comes a kind of awkwardness that made even the slightest movement uncomfortable. He was trying very hard to be nonchalant about this whole staying at night thing but with the way he was continuously tapping his fingers on his knees I knew he was not as calm as he was pretending.

"Would you-"

"It looks like-"

We spoke at the same time. Smiling at him lightly I waved my hand asking him to continue.

"Would you like to sleep in now." Whatever the facade I had till now blew in an instant. I could feel my hands clam up as I try to think of a response.

"I mean not sleep in as with me. I have a guest room. I just thought maybe you'll be tired." He explained making me sigh.

"Oh. I'm not actually tired." With how much I slept at noon I wasn't too shocked that I want not feeling sleepy. 

"So what should we do?"

"How about playing twenty questions?" No matter what would happen to us in the future I think we should atleast know about each other.

"Ok. You ask first then." I know he was very cautious about not letting me in his mysteries but to realize he was trying to know me better made me elated.

"I'll start with something simple. What's your favorite color?"

"I never thought about having a favorite color." He said guffly in a matter-of-fact tone.

"What are you talking about. Everyone has colors the like more than the rest. It may not be the favorite but still something you like more than the others." I deadpanned. Like seriously how this guy living for centuries does not have a favorite color.

After pondering for a while, his gaze on me the entire time he finally coughed out a single word,"Black."

"Black." I repeated. I think it was a no brainer and expected answer because since I've met him, the only color I've seen on him was black. Dark and mysterious like him.

"What about you?" There was a glint of curiosity in his eyes as he said this.

"Its Blue. Now your turn." Actually I preferred more vibrant shades but since meeting someone with the most cold and bluest eyes, my choices changed unconsciously.

"Favorite food."

"Dimsums and fried rice."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

By the time we ended the twenty questions I pretty much gave up prying his mouth about himself. To every question he had the same answer-

"I don't know"

Looking at him I was amazed how much of a stoic life this man leads. Like he had no preference to any place, food or people.

I just knew he spent his days in schedule areas doing I don't know what. He's like a enigma to me. Not matter how much I try to understand I can't. Like one day I was sad and moping around then next this handsome mysterious man appeared out of no where and pulled me into his world.

But looking at how cold and guarded he was I couldn't help but feel sad. A man living more than thousand years you would believe he had his likes dislikes figured out. He seemed like someone who doesn't care but the truth only he knew.

Then I noticed that we both had stopped talking and in my daze we were both gazing at each other. I felt my breath speed up and blood rushing towards my face. The November flush doesn't felt that much cold now. Our surrounding suddenly dissolve into an oblivion and what remained was just us. Looking at each other. Gazing deeply.

I felt him leaning towards me, his hand inching towards my face slowly. As if he was savouring the moment as much as me. His warm hand covered both my cheeks and jaw in a surprisingly warm grip. Judging from how cold everything was, he ignited me with warmth.

I felt his pupils expand, his gaze deepening with desire as his eyes flickered down to my lips than back up. Slowly he reduced the distance between our faces, his eyes still locked in mine as if asking permission.

He didn't have to. I know he knew for a fact that I was attracted to him from the first time. Even when I wasn't clear about my feelings he knew. He had to. People always told me that I had the most expressive eyes and it was easy to read me. It was a curse or blessings I have yet to decide. But that doesn't matter at this moment.

He was just centimeters away from my face, his warm breath tickling my skin causing goosebumbs to rise in anticipation.

His face was still as cold but his gaze was burning. Literally. There was this abrupt red flickers that contrasted with the darkness in his eyes.

His other hand held the back of my head and pulled me forward to cover the last few centimeters of distance between us.

As soon as his lips fell onto mine I felt current surging all thoroughout my body. He slowly moved his lips over mine as my hands grasped neckline of his shirt pulling him in.

I've never felt like this before. Emotions I never knew existed surged thoroughout me. From what little I could grasped in the moment longing, desire, and pain stood out the most.

Was I supposed to feel pain? I'm not sure but what I'm sure of is that this kiss did feel like heaven. His lips pressed into mine, moving together in
rythem passionately. What started as slow kiss turned into much more as tounge pried open my lips.

I was sure I've never felt like this before. We broke apart soon, my breathing laboured as I'm running a marathon. He was still calm and compose and if not for the desire in his eyes and his hands wounding tightly into my hair pulling me in, I wouldn't have believed it was real.

How was it real. Can reality be this good? This passionate? This liberating?

He rested his forehead on mine as I briefly closed my eyes. After a second I felt a light touch on my eyelids as his lips briefly gazed upon them.

From what I've remembered by my last relationship kisses doesn't feel this amazing. Sure it leaves you a little hot and bothered but this, I'm not even sure I could describe it into words.

"Are you fine?" Lennox spoke in a rough voice like he's straining himself. By his tone no one would have ever guessed he was asking about me.

"I think so." My voice sounded more delicate and breathy than I intended to. I cleared my throat embarrassed as I felt heat rising to my face.

Calm down. Its not like it's your first kiss.

I felt him chuckling lightly making me feel more embarrassed about this. What's wrong with me? Why am I feeling this shy like an inexperienced teenager. I felt him tightening his arms around me as I buried my face into the crook of his neck.

I can feel his hard muscled body pressed into mine making me self conscious of the situation we were in.

"Don't be so shy. It won't be the last time so you better not feel this embarrassed." I can still feel him laughing silently at me.

He said this won't be the last time.

This realisation struck me harder than it should. It was making me excited and a little giddy. Is it okay to kiss a guy you just met?

I don't know if it is or not but at this moment it doesn't felt like wrong. Instead it feels like the best decision.

Green eyes flashed past my memories. Contempt, anger, disgust and arrogance can be seen in those eyes. Eyes that made me crumble once.

Is it really okay? I'll know soon.

_______________________________________