e i g h t e e n

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. 

-Aristotle

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

•ADALYN POV•

"I'm not liking this adult thing." I groaned as I laid down on my bed.

"Relax. You'll be fine after some time." Lennox chuckled, his husky voice still giving me the same goosebumbs they did when I met him first.

"When you'll be back?" Currently we were talking on phone as he and the group of trackers were somewhere in Antarctica hunting the witch coven leader.

"As soon as possible." I never thought that I would miss him as much as I did. Everyday. I miss the food he makes me, miss his warm body that I can't cuddle and most of all I miss being with him.
We occasionally talk on phone once every few day but it isn't enough.

"I miss you." If I could I would tell him this hundred of times that I really miss him very much.

His end was silent for a while before he took a deep breath.

"I miss you too." He whispered. His voice was strained and full of longing like me. It felt good to know that he missed me as much as I did.

It was very miserable to be away from each other. We talked a bit more before finally hanging up.

I was buried under a pile of work. Even though I couldn't make it to my workplace physically, due to the sudden circumstances they decided to let me work from home.

It wasn't the best feeling to work from home as I'm always too lazy to actually work but it's still better than being fired or not having a job at all.

And recently I was feeling very exhausted even though all I've been doing is resting. Maybe the reoccurring cycle of weird dreams was the cause of this. I'm not sure but since my encounter with the red witch coven I've been plagued with these strange dreams. And I doubt its because of them or they did something.

Many times I thought of telling Lennox but then he's also been very busy with the whole tracking and I didn't want to distract him. I'll tell him when he's back.

_______________________________________

Someone was holding my arms tightly but I couldn't see who. Their grip was strong enough to leave a bruise. I can't see their face through the blanket of darkness. Only just two glaring red eyes. Angry eyes.

This time something felt different. It felt way too real. The cold air tickling my arms and the goosebumps were some details I'm sure were not there before.

Stop.

I wanted to shout but I realised that my tongue won't corporate.

"Why did you lock me? Why?" He was speaking though clenched jaw as his hands slowly moved to my neck.

"Come to me." He growled as he applied pressure on my neck. I desperately tried to remove his fingers from my neck clawing at anything I could.

I tried very hard to wake up from the nightmare but to my utter dismay this time no matter how much I tried I couldn't.  What was happening? 

Slowly the grip on my neck loosened a bit before I dropped with a thud on the ground.

Through utter horror I realized that no matter how much I tried I couldn't lift my body or even control it.

"Tell him to come. Or he won't like what will happen." A scary high pitched voice that sounded more like that of an animal than human whispered in my ear. Logically I can't see anyone but something inside me told that I should get out of here. And that too fast.

Suddenly there was a heavy pressure on my head as if someone is pressing it towards the ground. The more I resisted the more it grew stronger before smashing my head hard on the ground making me black out.

_______________________________________

"What's wrong with her?" I can hear aunt Mary's worried voice as she said that.

"She'll be fine. She had a minor concussion on her head after she fell from the bed." A smooth voice that I didn't recognize said as more and more noises piled up in the background.  I can hear the annoying beeping sound of various machines.

I can feel someone walking up and down the hallway frantically pacing and aunt fussing around as she was speaking in whispers to someone.

With a groan I tried to move my fingers which was really tough considering I can't even open my eyes.

"I think she moved." Andy screamed loudly and a door opened with a bang.

"Are you alright dear?" I can see the redness in her eyes as aunt said this.

"Water." I croaked through my parched throat.

"Alpha." Uncle aunt and whoever else were present in the room bowed as alpha Brad entered in the medical ward that I was in.

He looked a little haggard than the last time I saw him.

"Alpha king Lennox  requested to talk to you as soon as you wake up." He said as he extended a phone which was currently showing a number I'm very familiar with.

"Hello." I whispered as I put it on my ear.

"I kept you out of my sight for sometime and you end up with a concussion." This was the first thing Lennox said in a very cryptic voice.

"I can't control it can I?" With how I'm croaking between every words I realised I still haven't had a sip of water.

"Adalyn. Don't." He said as he sighed. I realised now how much tired he sound. Exhausted.

"Don't what?" After a sip of water that Andy gave me I answered him as I leaned back down on the pillows.

"What happened?" He asked totally ignoring my question.

I tried to recall but I couldn't remember what actually happened.

"I'll tell you when I remember it." Even though in the back of my mind it felt like I'm forgetting something very important but at the moment I couldn't think of anything.

"Are you done with your work?" I know he was very busy last few weeks and we can only talk a few times on the phone so it surprised me to see that he was actually on stand by waiting for me to wake up.

"No." He answered curtly.

"But I'll be back soon." He said as if it is an afterthought. But I knew it wasn't.

"You don't have to. I'll be fine." I winced as I said this. I knew it wasn't the best of thing I could say to him.

"You sure will be when I'm there to watch over you." He snorted.

"But what about the witches?" I asked concerned as they were behind the pack attack last time. They were not to be taken lightly.

"I'll handle it. I know my priorities woman so just take care of yourself as don't think about anything else." He sounded very far away as he said this. His tone was hard and unattached.

"I'll be there soon." Without waiting for me to say something he cut the call. I frowned at the black screen.

Did I miss something?

_______________________________________

Hey I'm back!
How do you like my story this far? Comment your thoughts. They mean a lot.