s i x

LENNOX POV:-

I saw her from afar as she looked at me one last time before unlocking and going in the house.

I could feel her curiosity and sometimes her desire to know me.

Shouldn't it be good? My mate wanting to know me?

Just thinking about when she'll know the truth is making me wince. Would she still took at me when she know the truth? Would she still smile at me or at look at me with those curious expressive eyes that are giving me hard time.

I can still smell her scent inside the car. Sweet. Addictive.

As much as I wanted to halt every reasoning and just pull her to me, some part of me know it isn't worth the risk. She's human. And clearly been through what they call a breakup.

Just thinking about her with any other man makes me want to just claim her as mine. And I nearly did today if not for her anxiety attack.

Today I almost lured her out into the woods and marked her where no one would have heard her scream.

You should have just marked that little hoe.

A voice I never wanted to listen rang inside my mind. Ever since I started hearing him things took a turn for worse.

It started when I was

And whenever this hideous voice makes its appearance, bad things happen. That's why I need to stay away from her. Even though its the first time agree with the voice that I should mark her some rationality inside me knew it would scare her.

I sometimes pity her for being paired with me even after being a human. My kind don't just get paired with humans. And not with someone like me. Cursed.

Mark her you bastard. You can't possibly be convinced that she'll let you mark her willingly.

"Shut up." I tightly held the wheel as I rushed my car out. It was getting harder to breathe and control myself. Contrary to what everyone think there is no alter ego inside us. We are the beast and human - same soul, same mind.

But I got this voice inside me telling me things to do. Things I regret. Things I would never do.

It started years after I became the king of wolves or everyone on this planet. There was no difference between human and wolf. They both know to respect and fear me. And I knew to rule with an iron fist.

But then this voice inside me started telling me to do things. And unknown to me it slowly took control over me. That's when I got my infamous image of being a killer. But that was not something I could control.

I tried for years to find what was wrong with me. I knew I was cruel before and merciless but after this voice everyone started looking at me like I was a monster.

Then one day a witch arrived at our doorstep and told me that I was cursed. She didn't specify what type of curse though so for the next few years I spent all this resources to find out more about it and if I can, then also the cure.

That's when I found Argus. He was a magician from a small island who said he could cure me.  But during the procedure heaven decided that I was a sinner and decided to punish me. I was frozen as a block of stone for eons till everyone forgot about the monster king.

But then one day I woke up and everything that I saw was different. Its like you took a nap but when you wake up everything around you changed.

I didn't knew what year it was or what world it was but only thing I knew that I had to find Argus. That he had put a curse on me . And I was ready to kill him believing he was the one who tried to kill me before he told me everything. And about her.

My mate.

Before I always thought about her. Who she would be. Where would be she now. What she's doing. As every wolf on the planet I also wanted to meet my better half. But then misfortunes never graced anyone.

I froze without even meeting my mate.

According to Argus my mate can cure me. Can cure this voice inside my head. And just the thought of it kept me sane for twenty three years. Hellish years.

The world changed so much that it was almost unbelievable to me. Like we can talk to a person in a totally different city. How amazing is that? And even see moving pictures. It all fascinated me.

And once what was a kingdom of wolves scattered into small packs lead by an alpha. I also discovered that I've lost more than half of the powers I possessed. Even though I was still stronger than any so called alpha I still felt like someone took my everything from me.

It was hard years. Waiting.

But somewhere I knew I would meet her soon. I travelled from place to place in search for her. But never found her.

Everywhere I go wolves knew to be afraid of me. So I became a black listed rouge in their list. Someone to be feared but not trifled.

They can't kill me or confront me so they just keep their distance. I can go anywhere I want or claim any land so it worked for me as well as the last thing I wanted was to deal with more people.

Then one day I had a dream. A dream of a place where I'll find her. My mate. I knew it was a devine sign that finally I'll see her. That she was coming. Coming to save me.

That dream bought me to this town where she was. And she was perfection.

She's everything I've imagined.

Apart from being human.

Never had I thought I'll get a human mate. Heaven must think it was funny. But there's no way I'll let her go. She's mine from the day I saw her. And she's one and only who can save me.

And I knew better than to let her go.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. Opening the glove compartment I quickly poped a white round pill from a transparent jar. Then pressing a button on my phone, I waited as it rang.

"Arrange a meeting now." I gave precise orders without waiting for a reply.

_______________________________________

Hey.

Please vote and comment.