f i f t e e n

"She was everything real in a world of make-believe. "

-Atticus Poetry

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

•LENNOX POV•

Extending my claws I ripped the neck of the rouge deeply as it tried to claw my arm. Its blood sprayed over my face making me look like a devil who can kill anyone barehand.

It was another reason why I didn't wanted to bring Adalyn with me. I didn't wanted her to see me like the cold blooded killer I am.

"Have the witches been located?" I asked alpha Brad who was fighting two rouges at the same time.

"My trackers are still searching." He replied as his wolf form bit the neck of one of the rouge as other tried to claw his hind legs.

"Dammit." I cursed while concentrating my energy into the palm of my hands. Soon a ray of red light shot through my palm which I directed towards a rouge that was nearly successful at killing a pack member. He was located at least gifty metres away.

The ray peirced through his neck amputating his head from his body. It didn't get the chance to even register the pain as his head fell to the ground separately from his body.

The pack member it was fighting looked at me in horror as he scrambled to get up. Quickly gathering himself, he nodded gratefully toward me as he changed into his wolf.

After fighting off the last few rouges that remained everyone rushed to gather the injured to be taken to the healer. Even though they surprised us I was satisfied with the result as we won with minimum casualty and injured wolves.

"Was my mate safely escorted ?" I asked the alpha who was currently ordering his elite team to join the trackers to search the witches.

"Yes alpha. My mate's sister was to escort her." He replied respectfully.

"Is she there yet?" I asked even though I was sure the alpha was sincere. But I just wanted to confirm.

"We broke off the mind link with the others and its not opened yet." That's understandable. We do this everytime when there is a witch attack as in case if someone get caught by them, the witches won't be able to locate them with the pack link.

I nodded my head but in my mind I was very worried about Adalyn. It was the first time she was this far from me and with the danger lurking around the corner I was feeling very restless. Before I never felt the need to be close to someone but its the con that comes with having a mate. Its like half of your life is outside your body.

"I'll be joining the search." I commanded the wolves that were there. Witches are dangerous so it was very important for me to join them as they are what I've been dealing with a long time.

"Get Argus here as soon as possible." Argus was not technically a witch. He was a maze that dabbled into the power of witches so he would be a great asset in this witch hunt.

"We will look after her so you should not worry." Steve, who was standing with the twins assured me with tight smile. I nodded at him curtly.

Gazing towards the direction where the safehouse was for the last time I turned as I made my way into the deeper forest.

My whole being was begging me to go check on mate but I knew my duty towards the pack is more important. Everyone's lives were dependent on it. Let this witch hunt began.