t w e l v e

"lean in to kiss me

in all the places

where the ache

is the

most special."

            ■●■     ■●■     ■●■     ■●■

                    LENNOX POV•

You know the thing I most hated about humans was that they felt they were entitled. They were selfish,weak and useless and still felt that everything good should belong to them.

During my reigning I eliminated every man in power and reduced human to nothing but slaves. I always thought that I was doing the right thing. Humans don't deserve mercy when all they do is destroy whatever is being given to them.

Give them a peice of land, they'll fight over it. Give them food, they won't share. Give them freedom, they'll betray you. Have them under leash, they'll rebel. These complicated humans were nothing but nuisance to me.

Gazing around my dark room albeit the moonlight through the open windows illuminated it. Even though I could see just as fine in night as day, there was something about the tranquility of night that always made me reflect.

Usually I would feel lonely but today knowing someone else is living under the same roof as me got me a bit warm on the inside. I could just open the room next door and I'll see her.

Reaching down the hem of sweatshirt I slowly peeled it from my body. As if having a mind of itself my palm casually rested on my left bicep that was darker than the rest.

It was full moon today.

"You can come in now." A figure I know well enough climbed through the window.

"It's getting worse?" His gaze was fixed over my arm that was getting darker with the passing seconds. Pain shot through me as soon as the first scar appeared. Soon blood scars starting from my shoulders  covered my whole arm.

"Hm." I hummed casually as if the pain wasn't killing me.

"I think you should tell her now." Yes. I probably have to soon. I don't have much time.

"Keep out of my business and do your job." I growled and Argus who was wearing a large black robe quickly nade his way towards me, a purple concoction in his hand.

He applied some on my arm which actually sizzled the bloody scars more. I hissed slightly as the pain doubled.

Argus flinched slightly and I knew if I could see my eyes now, they would be crimson red. It happens everytime when I'm not in control.

I laid down back on the bed as Argus pulled out a big syringe and injected some of the purple concoction into my bloodstream.

It hurts like a bitch but I knew it was important. More so since I found my mate. I closed my eyes and imagined the moment I just had with my mate. She's a fragile thing. Always keeping me on my toes. When I met her I saw sadness and lonliness in her eyes. Like her eyes were practically telling me that she's hurt.

I knew she felt attracted to me and that made me so happy. Being with her makes me happy and she feels happy too. I can see that in her eyes.

She was little guarded in the start but as we started spending  time together I felt her relax. Letting her walls down.

Before I met her the only thing I cared about was the curse and how my mate can actually cure it but now it doesn't seem that important. Maybe whoever put the curse on me really hated me to my bones. How am I gonna tell her about everything. This curse can hurt her as much as me if we try to forcefully remove it so there's only one way.

But that way even someone as heartless as me can't do with a sane mind so how will I tell her to herself through it for my sake.

"How much time I've left?" I know meeting her sped up the curse. And that I have less time now.

"I think - I think uh... You should-" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Tell me now."

"Three months. If we're lucky maybe four and if we're unlucky then less than two." He mumbled with his head bowed down in submission.

"Three months." I repeated.

For the first time now I wished to be normal. A normal wolf or human. Meeting Adalyn normally and courting her. Not like someone who's is cursed and probably had the burden of the Warewolf world. Even though I lived as a rouge now but I knew when the time comes, I will had to risk everything I have.

I wished I could have met her under a better circumstances. I swallowed unconsciously as I remembered the taste of her lips. It was very soon but at that moment I couldn't resist the temptation of her sweet mouth.

Just thinking about her made me almost forget that my  left arm literally felt like it was being burned. Almost.

Argus was still injecting the purple thing in every vein he can find on my arm.

Then suddenly I can feel a stabbing pain  more than five times intense as before travelling from my fingertips to above my arm. It slowly crawled as I screamed loudly due to the pain. It never happened before so I'm not sure what it is but nothing good ever comes from this curse .

My hunch was proven right as distorted images of a dark ruined palace and maze shuffled through my mind.

The curse has been activated. It has been activated since I saw her with my own eyes. But since its the first full moon I'm experiencing the effects of the curse for the first time. Earlier it was just a dull throb begging for attention but now after spreading its roots throughly in my whole arm its like I can't bear it anymore.

My whole arm feels like its burning amd at the same time someone is cutting my skin  with thousands of knife.

I tried to focus my mind not in the pain but to my breathing. Slowly in and out. Closing my eyes tightly I tried to think about anything but the pain coursing through my whole body.

"It's calling for you." I didn't need anyone to tell me that. I already knew it was calling for me and it needs blood. A sacrifice.

I growled loudly clawing desperately at the bedsheets which are probably tattered by now.

I casted a spell on the room so no nosie will be emitted outside as I didn't wanted Adalyn to know about anything that's happening. But by the looks of it I won't survive the next full moon if I don't do anything about it.

Long black marks that looks like its being clawed by a giant bear appeared on my skin that was visible in every inch of skin that was uncovered. I can feel them inside my clothes too. At this point I could feel myself loosing my consciousness as black surrounded my vision.

God it hurts.

My soul nearly flew out of my body as a huge blow ransacked through my chest where my heart was. And thats the last thing I felt as my eyes closed on their own accord and slipped into the black abyss that was calling for me for a while now.

"Adalyn." That was the last word I whispered with every ounce of strength I had.

_______________________________________

Hello. Don't forget to vote. How are you liking the story?

Okay so I wanted to tell you that English is not my first language so maybe there will be mistakes - grammatical or otherwise. So please try to overlook that or give a positive criticism.  Thank you.