t e n

"What day is it?" asked Pooh.

"It's today," squeaked Piglet.

"My favorite day," said Pooh.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

"This is very different for me. The non human world. Till yesterday I had no idea that Warewolves even existed or any of this mate thing. Sure I've read books that have this fantasy but never have I ever even thought it to be real." He nodded for me to continue. I'm sure he knows I've lot to say.

"I can't deny the attraction I feel towards you neither can I ignore this pull I've been feeling. And this feels so different to me. A nice type of different but still strange. I've just been dumped by a person I thought I would have spent my life with ans coming here was just for the sake of my sanity." Taking a breath I went on ignoring the way his body grew tense with every sentence.

"I don't even know what this mate thing entails till now. Do we get married right away? Do I have to leave my human world behind for you or do I change something I've believed since I was born. I have a life out there - a job, people I work with, my apartment and if you're asking me to leave everything then that's going to a problem."

I said whatever was in my mind. I know it sounded cruel but I was scared too. Just for the sake for someone telling me I'm theirs I'm not gonna leave everything.

"Are you done?" His jaw was clenched as he said that. Anger seeping out from every inch of him. I flinching at his hard tone.

He saw my frightened expression . He sighed running a hand through his hair as he calmed himself down.

"Look I haven't even told you anything and you just assumed everything on your own." That's true. He never said I have to leave anything but something told me that might just be the case.

"So am I wrong?" I raised an eyebrow looking at him.

"Not entirely." He scoffed.

"So you're saying-"

"No don't assume anything. I'm telling you for once and for all that I won't ask you to leave your life behind. It's just that I can't follow you to a city where I don't know shit." He cut me off harshly.

"Wait before you say anything it's not because I don't want to it's because I can't. Why do you think our kind live in cut off areas? It's because even though we look like human doesn't make us one. Their instinct tell them to be afraid of us. And it's too dangerous when we lose our control." He look exasperated at this point.

I knew to keep quiet and listen because I think I assumed all too much on my own.

"I would hate to pull you out of your world and I have no intentions to but we've got to make it work. I'm not letting you go remember that. Wherever you I'll follow." His voice was firm and cold as if he know nothing could change his decision.

"Ok." I smiled trying to ease the tension but it doesn't seems like it's working as he was still too tesne. His jaw clenched and his breathing laboured.

He doesn't seems like the patient and understanding type, does he?

"So tell me whats next?" I tried to keep this question light as if it wasn't weighing on my entire being.

"It means you just have to be with me and relax. I'll take care of everything." He squeezed my hand after saying this.

After that we talked about this and that. Small things because in that moment it really didn't matter. I saw him genuinely laughing for the first time when we realized we are both kinda tha same.