N i n e t e e n

"I knew you were special from the

moment we met. How I'm looking

forward to all of our tomorrows." -

Robin Raven

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

•ADALYN POV•

I felt arms snaking around my waist and the bed dip beside me. Just a few moments before I was deeply asleep. I felt a very familiar nose snuggling into my neck, inhaling twice before burying it there.

It was very dark inside the hospital ward but I knew who it was.

"Did you just came back?" I whispered trying to turn back to see him after so long.

"Uh huh." He mumbled as he tightened his hold on me, restricting me from moving around. I was still facing the front while he was hugging me from the back.

He started nibbling my neck and prepping small kisses around my shoulders. His one hand was gripping my hair out of his way and the other one was around me, just under my chest.

I moaned as he moved to a particular spot that I didn't even knew I had and he bit me there again.

"I thought you were somewhere very far away in the Antarctica hunting witches and wolves." I laced my fingers through his hair. I didn't even realised how much I've been missing him but now that he's kissing me I felt like something that's been bothering me for a long time has been removed.

"I did think I was hunting witches and wolves but someone has left no stone unturned to keep me on my toes every second. Between the freezing cold and beast men and someone who I've waited for thousands of years I think it was not a hard choice." His hand that has been resting on my stomach slowly creeped up creating fire everywhere it touched.

I turned around in his embrace and hugged him tightly by wrapping my arms around his torso.

He smelled like fresh rain and forest. I look up at his stormy eyes that was gazing down at me.

His hairs that was wet were clinging to his forehead.

"Did you just took a shower?" I ran my hands through his hair and tugged them lightly so that I can see his face more clearly.

"Yes. I can't just come to you looking like a the savage beast I'm. I don't want you to run away so soon." His voice was light as he said that. But something told me it wasn't a joke.

"I'm not doing any better than you." I snorted while motioning towards my crumply hospital gown and my matted hair that hasn't been washed in a while. There were even some new breakouts on my forehead.

Between his sharp handsome features and face that can give a model run for his money I think it is a miracle I could even get someone as good looking as him.

Not after my break up with Oliver.

"Oh but I think I did better." He cupped my face with his large hands that nearly covered half of my face. His thumb rubbed under my eyes as he lowered his head slowly not once breaking eye contact as his lips touched mine.

Pulling me towards him he slightly deepened the kiss as his tongue pushed lightly against my closed lips.

"Better than I ever wished I could." He whispered not even slightly put of breathe while I was panting after our make out session.

_______________________________________

I was finally discharged after two days and that too when I begged Lennox for a long time. He put me through every single test there was just to make sure I was not hurt anywhere.

According to him, 'humans are fragile and can be broken easily,' as he says.

Lennox opened the passenger side door as le bent low to scoop me up in his arms. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck while he made his way up to his cottage.

We never even talked about where I'm gonna stay. It was never been spoken loud but we both know we kinda live together at this point.

Just six months ago if someone told me that I would have broken up with Oliver and living with someone as good looking and charming as Lennox I would have laughed at them.

He gently put me on the couch and took a blanket from a cabinet and  wrapped it around me.

"I'll just make some calls but you can watch a movie or something in the meantime." He handed me the remote as he said that. Pecking my hairs lightly he stood straight and went through the back door with the phone in his hands.

After watching few episodes of friends I look at the time. It was nearly nine but Lennox was not back yet.

I slowly rose up from the couch and made my way towards his kitchen.

Even though I was not very good at cooking I decided to cut some veggies for a salad. This was the least I could do.

I pulled a knife from the holder and it was bigger than any knife I've ever seen. I swapped it with a smaller one.

From the fridge I picked some carrots, cucumbers and lettuce. Carefully I cut the cucumbers in small cubes.

Mixing everything in a bowl I put a simple lemon mustard and black pepper seasoning in the salad. I was mixing everything up when I felt arms wrapping around me from behind.

I felt a nose onto the crook of my neck as lips trailing small kissing around my ears.

"I think I told you to relax." His hand clasped mine as he gently peeled my hands away from the bowl and whisked it himself while burying me in his arms the whole while.

"And I think I can do some minor tasks." I retorted while leaning back into his arms.

He chuckled while his hands expertly diced some more veggies. I was mesmerised by the whole process. How can someone make minor tasks like cutting a bunch of vegetables so smooth and picturesque.

He looks like he's straight out of a movie set.

We were inside our own bubble when we suddenly heard abrupt knocking from the front door.

It jilted me slightly causing Lennox to frown. It was late at night and normally no one bother Lennox knowing how moody and tempered he is. It sounded urgent by the way the person on the other side knocked again and again in between few seconds.

"Relax. I'll get the front door." Keeping the knife down silently he made his way towards the living room.

I followed behind him silently as Lennox gave me a quick glare to which I just rolled my eyes. He looked like he wanted to say something but just sighed as he opened the front door.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

_______________________________________

Who could it be? Vote and comment.

10 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter. It would mean a lot to me. 🥺