𝐦 𝐚 𝐝 𝐞 𝐥 𝐲 𝐧

FIVE YEARS LATER

Madelyn got woken by soft kisses being pressed against her burning skin. Not opening her eyes yet, she simply smiled, taking the time to appreciate the familiar feeling of her imprint's affection. Nathaniel's kisses were slowly trailing down her neck, to her exposed shoulder, as he moved the sheets down with his movement. 

"I know you are awake, mon amour [my love], don't think you can fool me," He whispered as if he was trying to not disturb his mate.

"Well, I was trying to sleep, but someone disturbed me," She kept her eyes closed as the shapeshifter teased her beloved. Madelyn felt the bed shift slightly and the weight of Nathaniel's body getting on top of her. Startled, her eyes opened by themselves. She was met by the sight of her husband towering over her, caging her head between his arms as he straddled her. 

"You seemed to have forgotten what is happening today," He hummed as he spoke, stroking Madelyn's features delicately. Sighing in comfort, the woman leaned her head closer to his hand as it brushed her cheek. What was happening today? Her mind was still foggy with the short night of sleep she had, Madelyn couldn't think of anything. 

"Are you guys decent?" The couple heard their son yell from outside of their bedroom, in the Cullen's house. His shout made Nathaniel chuckle.

"Who did him that annoying?" He complained in the crook of his mate's neck, making Madelyn laugh loudly as they heard Aiden whined on the other side of the door.

"You can come in, baby," Madelyn spoke, sitting up and keeping the sheets close to her body as she had nothing else on. Nathaniel did nothing to make the task easier as he was still latching onto her. Aiden opened the door slowly, hiding his eyes with his hand. 

"Mom, I thought we were allies! You didn't even defend me," Aiden leaned against the wall, crossing his arms and pouting. 

"I'm not choosing a team between you guys, you know that," Madelyn ended the argument here. Nathaniel leaned his torso against her side, resuming his kisses against his wife's neck. "What are you doing?" She whispered, slapping his hand that was starting to travel down her back.

"I am making him leave, what do you think?" Madelyn sighed with an annoyed smile, as she found the small rivalry between her two men amusing.

However, her smile quickly faded as she remembered what was happening today. Her dad and Alizée's wedding! Grabbing a blanket in hurry, she wrapped herself in it and ran to the bathroom, making her husband whine as they lose contact. 

"Go get ready!" Madelyn yelled, extreme happiness slowly filling up her heart. Her dad was getting married today. 

"She's the only one who's not ready," Aiden deadpanned, making Nathaniel laugh loudly. As she was in the shower, Madelyn thought about everything that had happened those past years. 

Loads of thing had changed. Starting with Charlie and Alizée. The chief proposed to his girlfriend two years after they got together and decided to wait a little for their wedding, which was today. They were more than happy together, and Madelyn was glad her dad found someone so extraordinary. 

After the encounter with the Volturi, the Cullens didn't really had a choice to leave. They couldn't just get in town with Aiden as he was still growing up quickly. The Olympic coven travelled in different places, staying there for some time before leaving to another one.