14. The one with the Birthday Party

JULIANNA POTTER
LOVED SIRIUS BLACK'S BIRTHDAY. Sirius however hated his birthday. Or at least he used to. Julianna had once spent 3 weeks planning out his birthday when he turned fourteen. She had stayed up all night on November 2nd so that whenever he woke up on the 3rd everything would be ready and perfect. That was also the year that Sirius decided that his birthday wasn't as bad as he had previously thought. Julianna made him look forward to his birthday each year because it was always changing, this year however, he wasn't expecting one. After being declined by the Harpies Julianna was in a sorrow mood.

But that night she couldn't sleep. She hadn't planned a single thing for his birthday. Birthdays were her thing, she always went all out on them, though she had to admit she gave Sirius's birthday a little more effort, because for 11 years, he never had a party, he was instead stuck with his parents. Julianna wondered what time it was and decided that there wasn't anything she'd rather be doing. She spent 10 minutes in the kitchen making the batter for the cake, one of the house elves were going to come get her when it was finished that way she could get started on the decorations.

By the time that the boys had woken up, Julianna was covered in flour and homemade frosting. She had quickly tied her messy hair into a sloppy bun and gave the boy a tired smile as he walked down the dorm room stairs followed by the other three boys.

"Happy birthday, Padfoot." she said to him softly. Sirius smiled at her brightly as he walked towards her, she had prepared herself for a hug but he opted for wiping his finger across her cheek to clean off the frosting. He slipped his finger into his mouth to taste the frosting.

"Delicious. Your cakes always amaze me, pup." he smiled down at her before pulling her into a hug. Julianna let out a breath of content as she hugged him back. She took in a deep breath of his strong, cinnamony scent with a bright smile.

"You smell like wet dog." She told him with a soft laugh.

"Sirius thought it be a good idea to turn into his animagus while in the shower." Remus said to her.

Julianna pulled away from the hug to look at Sirius weirdly,"It was an accident. James scared me." he assured the girl. She let out a laugh as she shook her head.

"You have one free pick up line. So shoot." she smiled.

Sirius was silent for a couple of seconds before his face lit up and he grabbed the girl's shoulder,"Are you a snitch?" he asked her,"cause you're the finest catch here." Julianna smiled at the boy as a soft laugh escaped her lips, which made Sirius turn to James,"She didn't like it. When she likes them she yells at me and tells me to leave." he said to him.

    "No! I loved it. I promise, I love it." Julianna assured the boy. "It just reminded me of one I thought of, like a week ago."

    "Well, what was it?" Sirius asked her hopefully.

    "I don't know, pick up lines are your thing. I'm just along for the ride." she said to him while shaking her head. Sirius gave the girl puppy dog eyes which made her let out a defeated breath,"You must be a Snitch, because I've been Seeking you my whole life."

Sirius had looked like a puppy on Christmas morning which made the girl smile brightly. James glanced between the two weirdly before he noticed the cake on the common room table, pushing passed the two so he could be the first to eat. Julianna however grabbed the back of his shirt before he could make it too far.

    "I made a cake, so I hope you boys are hungry." she said with a smile as James pouted at her. Sirius glanced over at James before meeting Julianna's tired eyes.

   "Are you sure you don't want to go to bed first?" he asked as he pulled her into his side."We can always eat the cake later."

   'No, I'm fine, really." she said,"Besides it's Sunday. I'll have plenty of time to sleep later."