21. The One with Snuffles

Julianna had woken up to a shocked scream so she had jumped up.

"Why is there a dog at the foot of your bed, Julianna!"

"A dog?" Julianna asked confusedly as she sat up.

"Yes! There is a black dog at the foot of your bed. Care to explain?" Euphemia asked, trying to keep her patience.

"Right! Yeah... Um I found it. It's a stray. I um.. I decided i was going to keep it." Julianna lied awkwardly as she glanced down at the black dog that was at the foot of the bed.

Euphemia nodded suspiciously. "And you didn't think to run this by me? Or your father?"

Julianna made a face. "I asked dad.. yesterday after dinner. He was reading the paper. He told me of course." she said giving her mom an horrible smile. "Honestly mom.. you don't have to worry about it. I'll feed him, and bathe him.. and go for walks. Speaking of... I should probably give him one right now... Come on Si-Snuffles."

Euphemia raised an eyebrow,"Snuffles?"

"Yeah!" she had to pull Sirius, Snuffles, off of the bed. "Hey mom.. do we have any extra rope? I need a leash."

Euphemia looked around before transfiguring her tie into a leash. Julianna smiled and put it on Sirius who let out a quiet growl. She and the dog walked side by side out the door. James had came back around the corner in shock.

He was probably imagining it. He was going insane. That was the only answer he had for this. It was the only one that made sense.

Julianna had walked the dog about halfway down the block before Sirius transformed back into himself. "Snuffles? Are you kidding me!" He asked in shock.

Julianna punched his shoulder. "Dude!" She said. "What did you want me to say? I've never had a pet before and she knows we call you padfoot. What the hell are you doing at the foot of my bed anyways?"

Sirius looked away from the girl. "I didn't want to be alone last night!"

Julianna sighed and pinched her nose bridge. "Sirius... We need a game plan." She said to him. Sirius nodded in agreement. "Alright how about you knock on the door again, and I'll let James answer it and then you tell James what happened and then my mom comes into the room and then you tell her and she lets you stay?"

Sirius blinked. "What?"

Julianna whined softly at him. "You're lucky you're beautiful because there's honestly nothing up there." She said. Sirius smiled at her softly. "Sirius we have to tell mom."

    "I knew it!" They heard from behind them, they both turned around and looked at James. James immediately went forward for a hug. "Sirius! Hey! When did you get here?" he asked, wrapping his arms around Sirius with a huge smile on his face.

Sirius blinked again. "uhm.. last night." He admitted to James. James looked at Julianna confused. She nodded at him. "I ran away from home last night."

James stared at Sirius in shock. He didn't know what to say. So he didn't say anything. He pulled Sirius into a hug. When they separated, it seemed like he finally landed on something. "We'll help you, Pads. No matter what. Or how long. We'll always help you." James said to him.

    "That means a lot, prongs. Me and Annie were just talking about how to tell your parents." Sirius said.

James nodded,"Oh that's easy." Julianna raised her eyebrow.

She didn't know how long she would be sitting at this table as her parents began to wrap around the idea of Sirius coming to stay. And she hated how easily it was to explain for James. Euphemia was listening the entire time, her eyes locked on the three kids, nodding very subtly.

Suddenly she stood up and looked around before looking at her daughter suspiciously. "What happened to your dog?" She asked.

Julianna whipped her head around,"Oh! Um. He didn't like the leash so he bit me and ran off. It's okay. I didn't like him that much anyway. He smelt bad and had ugly hair." Sirius made a shocked noise. James couldn't hide his smile, but he secretly reached over Sirius's lap under the table to high-five her.

Euphemia made a noise before turning back to Sirius. "Sirius, darling you can stay as long as you'd like. Our home is your home dear." Euphemia said with a smile. She stood up and rounded the table before pulling him into a hug. "Now, we have much to talk about. Me you and Fleamont." She was obviously kicking James and Julianna out of the room.

There was nothing else Julianna could say that would make her mom let her stay, so she and James left. Instead of going there separate ways James followed after her. "So you never told me what happened the night of the Christmas ball."

Julianna rolled her eyes at him."You are such a gossip, James." She was almost very amused with him. She turned around with a smile. "We kissed. And then got interrupted by Rabastan." She admitted.

James silently celebrated."So you guys are like a couple now?"

Julianna shook her head. "I can't date him right now James. He just ran away from home. I'd feel like I was taking advantage of his situation."

He groaned loudly and dramatically. "But you're not! Sirius likes you. He's always liked you. And you've always liked him." He told her.

Julianna teetered on arguing, she hadn't always loved Sirius. She couldn't have. Because technically that was impossible. She has only known him for 5 years. But also, you couldn't look at Sirius Black without falling in love with him.