18. The One with the Christmas Presents

Poppy, the house elf, walked into Julianna's room, her young mistress was still sleeping with her mouth agape and her limbs thrown all across the bed. Humming to her self, Poppy walked over to the girl and squeezed her nose preventing her from breathing from it. Julianna let out a snort and woke up in a panic. Without acknowledging what she had done, and as if it was normal, Poppy hummed while going to clean up the girls room. Julianna stared at the elf in horror.

The house elf looked back at the girl,"Oh my mistress! You're awake!" Julianna gave the house elf a bewildered expression and blinked confusedly"Poppy is so happy to see that!" without another word Poppy walked out, while still humming.

Julianna looked down at the foot of her bed to see seven presents. Remembering then that it was Christmas she sat up and grabbed one of the presents. The handwriting was neat and handsome, just like the person who Julianna knew wrote the letter upon first glance.

My pup, Tricks

Happy Christmas. I hope the day is as amazing as you are. I know things were left awkwardly at the train station. But I wanted to assure that if you didn't feel the same way it's completely fine. I would be more than happy to have you in my life as just a friend. Anyways! You're Christmas present! It's a piano. The place that I bought it from said that it's enchanted to play a tune whenever it senses true love. If that's true or not I have no idea. I'm realizing now how creepy and insane that sounds. The reason I bought it was because it has a fox engraved on it and it reminded me of you. OH! And it's also an alarm clock because I know that James always wakes you up late!

Padfoot

Julianna felt her cheeks become warm as she opened the parcel. Staring up at her was a fox engraved on a tiny wooden piano. Now she felt like her gift was terrible. It was a dog tag chain that held a dog charm and a fox charm. She also had two charms custom made that said "the best Marauders" and "Padfoot and Tricks" she thought it was nice, she had made it herself. She also had time to go and get him a birthday gift, but she was going to give it to him in person. Julianna placed the miniature piano on her nightstand with a soft smile as her eyes began to sting slightly. She went to put the parcel on the floor but something else fell out of it and onto her lap. She picked it up and seen it was a red and black bracelet. She smiled, and for some reason she felt like she was going to cry. She had suddenly realized why it bothered him so much that she was so secretive with her and Regulus's conversation.

She then grabbed the second biggest Parcel which was from Alice.

Hello Julianna!

I miss you so much and I can't wait to see you at your Christmas party. I got you a box of pranky things because you like that sort of thing. Oh I also got James a key. Its really cute but leads to nowhere. Just like his attempts to get Lily to be his girlfriend. Happy Christmas!

Love you,
Alice F.

Julianna chuckled at Alice's letter and opened her parcel, the prank set was from Zonkos. Lily had got Julianna a muggle book called Romeo and Juliet, Remus got her some chocolate, all kinds except for dark because he knew that she didn't "particularly enjoy it even though she was wrong" according to his words. Marlene sent two parcels because she forgot to send the gift in the first one. She got Julianna a quidditch poster of the Harpies, she also apologized and said that the gift was bought before Julianna was declined a spot on the team. Peter got her a box of sugar quills.

Julianna liked all of the presents, but she enjoyed Sirius's the most. It was a stunning little piano. And she didn't care that it wasn't playable because she had no idea how to play one. Her finger traced the engraved fox before remembering that she had another parcel left to open. She had first noticed the toy snitch, and then the letter.

Julie,

I know that we haven't talked in awhile, not counting the time on the train. I'm sorry that ignored you after you said you didn't feel the same way, I've come to accept that fact. I hope you enjoy your gift, Happy Christmas.

R.A.B

Julianna smiled. She had sent him a gift as well, it was a snow globe that was enchanted to not only snow, but based on the time of year, it would change seasons as well. It wasn't hand made like Sirius's, only store bought. Julianna turned to the tiny piano before she stood up to leave the room. James left his room holding a key and staring at it confusedly. "Do you know why Alice sent me a key?" James asked her. Suppressing a smile Julianna shook her heads,"Every year she sends me something odd." James muttered as he stuffed the key in his pocket and messed up his hair. And it was true, James has a box fool of odd things Alice had sent him on Christmas or their birthday.

"I had an odd dream about Padfoot last night." Julianna said to him.

"The last thing I want to hear about this early in the morning is your sex dream with Padfoot."

"It wasn't odd like that. He made me breakfast because I was sick. He also had short hair and a beard." she clarified. Julianna turned to her brother,"I think Poppy tried to kill me today."

"What?"

"She plugged my nose while I was sleeping I couldn't breathe." She said while James began to laugh. "And then she acted like she didn't do it. And just left." she chuckled.

James laugh grew suspiciously hysterical quickly and Julianna narrowed her eyes in realization. "She really did it."

"You told Poppy to do that!" Julianna exclaimed loudly smacking her brother in the head. Julianna slid down the stair railing to avoid being hit back. Julianna jumped off the railing and seen her parents. "Hello!"

James however didn't follow and grabbed his mirror. He went back to his bedroom, where he plopped down on the bed and shook his hair.

"Sirius." James seen the golden and red posters all over the wall. He heard a crashing sound before seeing Sirius with dog tags hanging from his neck and grinned broadly. James looked at them closer,"Where are those from? They seem familiar."

"Annie gave them to me for christmas." Sirius answered shamelessly. "I'm never taking them off."

"For the record that is what self destructive looks like." James said to him.

"For the record I'm very aware of that." Sirius responded.

"Mmhm?"

For the record I've been picturing her body draped over the sofa wearing nothing but a hat. For the record, Sirius thought, with a groan and rolled over dramatically and sighed,"I'm screwed." he was silent for a few seconds, and then changed the conversation to James and Lily to ask if he had a plan.

"I really think this could still go my way. I can still keep my pride."

"I'm intrigued go on." Sirius said to him, with a slight smile.