33 ~ The morning after

The last real chapter before the epilogue! I'm so sorry for the long wait, I'm just so buse with life in general right now. To be honest, I always had this story in the back of my mind and I always put pressure on myself to finish it. I appreciate all the love this story has gotten over the years, even if it's not a good story :D I started it so many years ago and I never thought it would get this many reads. Thank you all so so much! 

I was woken up by the sunlight shining directly at my eyes. I blinked a couple times and it took my eyes a few seconds to adjust to the brightness. Judging by the amount of light shining through my window, it was probably already noon. I lowered my gaze onto my bed. Marc was still fast asleep next to, his arm loosely around my waist.

I could look at him all day. I loved everything about him. How his hair falls onto his forehead. His full, pink lips. The sound of his breathing.

Carefully, I crawled out of bed and tip-toed into the bathroom. After a quick shower, I made my hair. I did not bother to put on make-up, though. When I came back into my room, Marc was still sleeping. I would've loved to crawl back into bed with him, but my stomach was already growling, telling me to go downstairs and grab something to eat. I could already hear my family's voices in the kitchen.

When I walked in, they all turned their heads and looked at me. "Morning Mae!" Lilly exclaims, her mouth covered in jelly.

"Morning to you too, little one."

"I'm not little!"

"Whatever you say." I smile and give her a quick kiss on the head.

"I didn't hear you come in last night. Did you have fun at the dance?" my dad asks, before looking back at the newspaper in his hands.

Oh, if they would only know how much fun I had last night...

"Uhm, yah I did get in quite late, but yes, the dance was a success, I think the students loved it." I took a seat next to Lilly and grabbed a bun out of the bowl that was sitting in the middle of the table.

What should I do? Tell them that Marc was upstairs? Run upstairs and tell Marc to sneak out? Maybe jump out of the window?

No, I did not want that. I did not want to hide him from my family. The school, yes. But not the people I love the most.

After a couple of minutes, I finally decided to speak up. "So.., uhm... there's something I need to-"

I was interrupted by the sound of footsteps on the stairs. Oh no.

My mum turned her head in the direction of the doorway, a confused look on her face. Then she looks back at me and raises one of her eyebrows.

Before I can say anything else, Marc appears in the doorway. Fortunately, he did not come downstairs in just his boxers. That would've been even more awkward. He was wearing the hoodie he gave me last night. His hair was all over the place, and he still looked half asleep. His cheeks were flustered and I'm sure he didn't know what to say while my whole family was just staring at him.

"Marcy!" Lilly happily yells, almost falling off her chair and running towards him. "What are you doing here?"

Meanwhile, my mom's questioning look had turned into a knowing smirk.

"I-uh" Marc starts, but it is clear that he doesn't know what to say. Lilly is still attached to his leg and it seems as if he is slightly overwhelmed by the whole situation.