9 ~ You two know eachother?

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly. I spent a lot of time at my parent's house because I felt kind of  lonely at my flat. David has been staying at his friend's house the past couple of days. He texted me that he was looking for a place to stay permanently and that until he found something, he would sleep at his friend's house The boxes I found in the hallway Tuesday night were the last of his belongings in our flat, which is now only mine

On Friday I took my siblings out to the mall. We had to buy a birthday present for Emma and Leo wanted to buy a new game for his PlayStation which just came out. As we entered the huge building, Lilly's eyes were glowing. She loves going to busy places with a lot of people and she usually gets very excited so you have to calm her down a little bit.

"Okay Leo, you can go now but remember we'll met at the coffee shop on the second floor at 6. Alright?"

"Sure, see you later!" With that, he ran off and disappeared in the huge crowd.

"So Lilly, now it's time to buy Emma's present. What do you think she would like?" I knelt down beside my little sister and gave her a questioning look.

"Mhhh... Maybe something for her doll. Like a dress. Or things we can play with when we're playing with our dolls?"

"Okay. How about we go to the store and see what they got for your dolls?"

"Yes!" Lilly screamed and started jumping around. I smiled and took her hand because I did not want to lose her in the crowd.

A few minutes later we made it to the store and walked right to the section with the dolls. They had clothes, hair stuff, bottles, toys and everything else you could possibly imagine. "Wow, that's a lot of pink." I murmured and watched Lilly who inspected everything on the huge shelves. While my sister was looking around, I also searched for something that Emma could like. Then I saw a little bike in the corner. I walked closer and saw that it was made for the dolls that Emma and Lilly had. "Lilly, come over here!" I waited for her and then asked her if we should buy this for Emma. "Yes! It's so cool! She will love it!" Lilly clapped her hands and I laughed. I took one of the boxes that were standing next to the bike and we made our way to the checkout. On the way I noticed that the store also had a huge soccer section. I remembered that Leo lost our last soccer ball and grabbed one from the pile. "You should buy one for Marc, too!" Lilly giggled and I looked at her shocked. "A-and why?" I stuttered.

"Emma told me he plays soccer, just like you did. And if we don't bring him a present, he may be sad, because we only got one for Emma.", she explained. I thought it was one of the cutest things my little sister ever said and so I took another ball. "That's right and we don't want Marc to cry, right?"

"Exactly!"

After paying for the bike and the balls, we bought a few sweets to put into Emma's present, too Then we met up with Leo, who couldn't stop talking about the new game he bought. All the way home Lilly and I had to listen to him talking about zombies, monsters and haunted castles and I was a bit worried that little Lilly would have nightmares tonight. After catching up with my parents and discussing my break up with David with them (they really liked him, but in the end, they were on my side and thought that his work really stood in the way of our relationship) I decided to sleep at their house, because it was already midnight.

I spent Saturday morning correcting some tests and preparing my lessons for the next week. At 3 o'clock, my mum drove Lilly to Emma's birthday party and I began thinking about Marc's text again. He wanted me to pick up Lilly and come early so that we had some more time to talk, because the last time we had a proper conversation, he had to go to soccer practice. Should I really go? It was obvious that if I would go, I would totally cross the boundaries of a student- teacher relationship But if I would not go, I think I would hurt Marcs feelings and I don't know why but I did not want to do that either. I enjoyed talking to him and as long as I keep professional, no one could have anything against it, right?