21 ~ Making plans

To celebrate 100k reads, here is the next chapter of "My Student". I don't know why, but I think it's one of my favourite chapters so far. 

Thank you guys so much for 100k reads, it honestly means so much to me and a Special thanks to everyone who has been following this story for a while now!

I dreaded the next morning. I dreaded it so much that I just ignored my alarm and stayed in bed. Usually, I get up at 5:30, this morning, however, I turned off my alarm and the next time I looked at my clock, it was already 6:30. "Shit, shit, shit." I cursed and threw the cover off of me. School did not start until 8, but I usually got there at 7:15 to prepare for the day. On top of that, I liked to take my time in the morning. This fine Monday morning, however, I rushed through my morning routine and when I finally jumped into my car, it was already 7:30.

I hurried to school, with my thoughts jumping back and forth between yesterday's events and the upcoming senior trip that I was going to attend as a chaperon.

I had no idea how I was going to act around Marc. I had a lot of fun with him, I always have. Marie and Ella, who are my best friends who I trust completely, know that there is something between us and I doubt they would tell me to stop whatever is going on between me and my student. Even though Marie is my colleague, she does not seem to have a problem with this relationship. Of course, no one except them could find out about it. We would get in a lot of trouble if the school would find out.

"Dammit!" I hissed while parking the car in front of the school. We're not even together and here I am worrying about people finding out about us. How paranoid would I be if we would actually get together?

Of course, I could try to focus on my job and spend time with my friends to distract myself from my conflicting feelings surrounding Marc. If I would be interested in a ny other guy, that would be easy, but no, I had to fall for a guy that I see every day at work and that even my friends cannot shut up about.

He was everywhere. When I walked through the front doors of the old main building, which was kindly held open for me by one of my freshman students, the first person I made eye contact with was him. Not being prepared to face him just yet, I quickly lowered my gaze and rushed into another hallway, which was not even close to the teachers' lounge. When I finally arrived there, I put away my stuff and made myself a coffee.

"Good morning, friends!" I heard a cheerful voice coming from behind me. I turned around and saw Marie making her way towards me. "Morning." I smiled at her and turned back around to get my hot drink.

"I just talked to Mr. Jefferson in the hall. He said he is going to send me the registration forms for the senior trip later and we can hand them out to them in PE today! Isn't that exciting? Oh, I can't wait!" I laughed at her. I wish I shared her excitement about the trip. I already knew I was going, but I didn't expect a lot from the week-long trip. I'm pretty sure the only thing I would be doing was making sure that none of the kids ends up in hospital with an alcohol poisoning.

"Mhh, it won't be fun looking after all of them. I hope it won't be too exhausting. Sure, it's a trip to a town at the beach, but I don't think we'll be able to enjoy it too much..." I stated whilst sitting down and opening my laptop to prepare for the day.

"Well, at least you have someone special on this trip with you." She winked at me and had a knowing smile on her lips. I was yet to tell her and Ella about the kiss, but even without that knowledge, my colleague continued to make innuendos whenever there was a chance for it. "God, I wish I could spend a holiday on the beach with that guy I met last week." Surprised, I looked at her.