22 ~ Admitting it

"Lilly, come on, we gotta go!" I screamed, standing at the bottom of the stairs of my parents' house, waiting for my little sister to put on her shoes. It's 3:30 and I told Marc we were going to be at his place half an hour ago.

"I'm coming!" Lilly shouts while running towards the stairs.

"Slow down Lils!"

Ten minutes later, I buckled her seatbelt and got into the car myself. "You excited?" I ask.

"Yes! Emma said that her mom that her dad was going to set up the pool for us! We can all play in it together. Me and Emma and you and Marc and-"

"Sorry Lilly, but I don't think I'm going to be going into a pool today. I didn't even bring a swimsuit with me."

"You can just go in with your clothes." My little sister suggests.

"I really don't-" I start before she cuts me off.

"Or you can go in naked." Lilly says, followed by a giggle.

I look at her through the reaview mirror, my eyes wide. "Lilly!"

Ten minutes later, we arrived at the Browns' house. I parked my car in their driveway, next to Marc's.

As we walked up to the front door, it was opened by an eager and exciting looking Emma. "Lilly!" She screams out, before running towards my sister. I cannot help but smile at them. They really are the cutest. I love having a little sister. She always makes me happy, no matter how bad I was feeling.

I made my way inside. The girls already ran up to Emma's room, but I doubt they would stay there for very long, because they were so excited about the good weather and the pool. I was kind of lost. I was supposed to bring Lilly, but Marc also kind of invited me. How would I explain me staying after I dropped off my sister to Marcs' parents if they would see me? It wasn't exactly common for a teacher to hang out with their students after school and eve though Giselle really seemed to like me, I didn't want her to get the wrong idea. Which is kind of funny, considering I was actually kissing her son a couple days ago.

"Hey there!" I quickly spun around and came face to face with Giselle.

"H-Hi!" I stuttered, not knowing what else to day.

"It's so good to see you again! Emma was so excited, she kept running around the house all morning. And Joe put up the pool in the backyard for the girls. I hope Lilly brought her swimsuit."

"Yeah she did." I said. "They are so sweet together."

"Oh dear, they really are the cutest. Marc is also at home, if you maybe want to see him."

Right on cue, Marc stepped into the kitchen, dressed in workout clothes. He was breathing heavily and I could see little drops of sweat on his forehead. His hair was also a sweaty mess.

"Hey, you're here!" He welcomed me and gave me a warm smile.

"God, Marc, do you have to run around the house like this when we have people over?" Giselle exclaimed, while trying to cover up my eyes with her hand.

"Mom, seriously?" Marc said and even though his mother's hand was still blocking my view, I imagined that his words were paired with an eye roll.

Giselle removed her hand I couldn't help but smile. I love Marc's relationship with his parents. They were so playful and easy going with each other.

"I'm gonna go take a shower and then come back downstairs." Marc send a wide smile my way before exiting the kitchen again.

Half an houor later, I am sitting on the grass in the Brown's backyard, playing "Who am I?" with the girls. Lilly had a little piece of paper with the words "Santa Clause" on her head, while Emma's said "Barbie".