26 ~ Victoria's Secret

"Maybe they were talking about something else." Marie says, while we were making our way through the local mall.

"Yeah, sure and I'm the Queen of England!" I exclaimed. I was still agitated from what happened this morning.

I wanted to contact Marc, but I quickly realized that I didn't even have his number and I was too scared to call his mom and explain to her why I wanted to talk to her son.

"I'm just glad you asked me if I wanted to go shopping. I just need to get my mind off of this before I panic too much. I mean, they're his friends, right? So, they wouldn't tell anyone if they found out, right? Right?" At this point, I didn't know if I was trying to convince Marie or myself. All I knew is that I sooner or later had to talk to Marc and ask him about what I had heard.

"Well, like you said, they're his friends and if they found out I'm sure they wouldn't just tell the principal or any other teacher. Why would they get their friend and their favourite teacher in trouble?" Marie says, trying to calm me down.

I let out a snort. "Why would you think I'm their favourite teacher?"

"Because you are. These kids really like you, I promise. I've heard a lot of them talking nicely about you. But... maybe you're just their second favourite teacher... I'm pretty sure I'm their all time favourite teacher after all." She laughed and dragged me along into another store.

Two hours and eight stores later, Ella joined us in the food court while we were eating some ice cream to regain some energy.

With a sigh, she lets herself fall onto the third chair at our table. "Wow, work was exhausting today... That ice cream looks delicious, I think I'm gonna get one, too."

"You should, it's amazing!" I say before digging my spoon back into my vanilla flavoured ice cream.

After Ella returned with her food, the topic of conversation immediately switches to what happened at school this morning. Apparently, Marie thought it was her job to fill Ella in on everything that happens between me and Marc while she wasn't around.

"So, you're sure they realized it was his sweater?" Ella asked. After spending ten minutes listening to all the new information on the "M-situation", as Marie called it, her eyes were as wide as the scoops of her ice-cream that were still untouched and had begun to melt because she only concentrated on what Marie was saying and completely forgot about the food in front of her.

"Urgh,, yes I'm sure, but can we please stop talking about it now?" Let's finish our ice-cream and hit the stores again!" I say enthusiastically. However, no matter how hard I tried to distract myself, Marc was still all I could think about.

"Great coping mechanism, Mae. Just spend a shit load of money and all your worries will go away!" Ella teased me. "Oh, shut up, Ella. When you broke up with Hunter, you basically bought a full closet worth of new clothes." I said and got up from my chair.

"Touché!" My best friend says and copied my movements.

Another two hours later, it was starting to get dark outside, but Ella had recharged her energy with her ice-cream and was telling us there were at least five more stores she wanted to go to. Marie and I, on the other hand, were starting to get tired.

"My feet are hurting! And I need to pee!" Marie complains, with a big frown on her face.

"There's a bathroom over there." Ella answered while pointing to a sign that lead to the bathrooms. "You can go and Mae and I will go to Victoria's Secret. We'll stay in there so you know where to find us when you're done." Ella said and before I knew it, she grabbed my wrist and took me with her.