18 ~ Are you trying to kidnap me?

On Monday morning I sat at my desk in my classroom, leaning back in my chair with my eyes closed. I had another ten minutes until class was supposed to start and none of my students were there yet. I had a weird feeling in my stomach ever since I woke up this morning. I don't know what it was, but I felt as if something would happen today. If it was going to be good or bad, I had no idea.

After arriving at school this morning, I greeted Marie in the teacher's room and asked her if she could help me bring over some boxes from my parents' house to my flat which I had stored there for quite some time now. Ever since my ex-boyfriend moved out I wanted to get them, because I had more space to store things, but I always forgot or was too busy.

Marie kindly agreed to help me after I promised to invite her over for dinner soon.

I heard the door opening and quickly readjusted my posture on my chair. I looked up and saw Anne and Leah, two of my best students, walk in.

"Good morning Miss Hemmings." They both greeted me and I smiled back at them. "Good morning girls." From what I could tell, they were quite popular, but fortunately they didn't let that go to their heads.

More students started to fill in and I was impatiently waiting for Marc and his friends to arrive.

When it was only one minute until the class was supposed to begin, their seats were still empty. Nervously bouncing my leg up and down, I looked at the clock next to the door.

Thirty seconds. Was he going to skip? He couldn't still be hungover, could he?

Soon enough, the bell rang and there was no sign of either Marc or his three friends that were also still missing.

I shook my head, desperately trying to get him out of my head and focused on the lesson I had to teach.

"Alright class, let's start!"

Twenty minutes into the lesson there was still no sign of the four boys. I had asked their classmates if they knew where they were, but none of them had an answer to that question.

I had given up hoping that Marc would show up once we were half an hour into the 50min lesson, when the door was suddenly yanked open and the four missing boys, one by one started to walk through it. They didn't say hello or good morning and neither did they give me an excuse or apology explaining their lateness.

The whole class was looking at them while they were taking their seats in the last row.

"Well, boys, care to explain why you are showing up half an hour after class officially started?" I asked no one of the four boys in particular, but my eyes were set on Marc. I was pissed. It didn't matter that I had spend time with Marc outside of school, he and the others were still my students and as their teacher it was my job to make sure they attend my classes and don't disturb it by being late.

At first, none of them spoke, but after a couple of seconds Marc sighed and then started to talk. "You see, I was supposed to pick them up for school, but I slept in so I was late. No big deal."

I wasn't quite satisfied with this, so I asked the others why they didn't use their own cars when they noticed Marc wasn't coming, but I didn't get much out of them.

"Ok boys, detention after school tomorrow." I said and was about to tell the class their homework when Jake, one of the four boys. spoke up.

"But why tomorrow and not today?"

"Because I have plans after school." I simply answered. This seemed to get Marc's attention, because he looked up from his phone that was laying on his table and looked me in the eyes. "What kind of plans?" he asked.