2~High School boys

After telling the class what we were going to do this year, there were only 5 minutes left before the bell would ring.

"Okay, there are only a couple minutes left, so why don't we get to know each other a bit more. You can ask me some questions and your first homework will be a short essay about yourself. I want you to write about your hobbies and how you imagine your future. I don't expect five pages, one or two is enough. Please hand it in before tomorrow's lesson starts. I want to know how well your writing skills are. Now, what do you want to know about me?"

A few students raised their hands and I pointed to a blonde haired girl in the back row.

"You told us to write about our hobbies, so tell us, what are yours?"

I smiled at her. "Well, that's a legit question. I have two things that I really enjoy doing and both are sports. I have been dancing since I was little and I still go to a dance studio here in New York now and then. My second hobby is quite uncommon for a girl. When I was 10 I started to play soccer. I spent the first 15 years of my life in Germany and there are quite a lot of girls who play soccer. We were quite successful, to be honest, but when I was 15 we moved to New York and I had to leave my team. I continued to play soccer in highschool and in college, but sadly I haven't had the chance to play since I graduated." That was true. I am really sad about not having the chance to play soccer anymore.

I looked around the room to see that a couple boys, who were all sitting in the back of the room, raised their hands. I pointed to one of them and gave him a signal to ask his question.

"Well, I was wondering if you also like boys who play soccer?" He had a smirk on his face. Damn it, teenage boys!

"That's a pretty personal question, Mr. ...?"

"Brown, but you can call me Marc." He sent a wink in my direction. Disgusting.

"Okay Mr. Brown. That is a really personal question. I don't think it's appropriate for you to ask me these kind of questions. Why do you even wanna know if I like boys who play soccer? What does it matter to you?" I was speakinig really fast because I couldn't help myself but feel more nervous every second. I could tell this Marc boy was the worst out of all the boys.

"Well, I'm on the school's soccer team. So, I wanted to know if you like boys who play soccer." He was grinning from ear to ear now. I was shocked. How dare he say something like this!. He obviously never heard of the word boundaries before. I tried to relax before I answered.

"Actually, yeah, I like boys who play soccer. That's why I love my boyfriend so much." I smiled at him, thinking I had won this little "competition" or whatever was going on between us.

"That's alright. Is he a good player? Maybe the team's captain?"

I was confused. Why does he want to know that? I was interested in where this was going so I answered, but not without stuttering.

"O-of course he's good. I mean... I don't watch his matches that often, but I guess he's good. But he isn't the captain. Why did you ask?"

"Just wanted to proof to you that you could do better."

"How?"

"Well, I'm the school's soccer captain."

Right after he finished his sentence, the bell rang.

I was still confused about the conversation I just had with Marc. Looking around the room I realized that not a lot people listened to our little talk. The others were chatting with their seat neighbors. Only the boys who were sitting around Marc and two girls in the middle of the room looked at me, waiting for me to say something to Marc. I coughed and said: "Okay class, see you tomorrow and don't forget the essay!"