5 - I don't need your money

As the bell rang signaling I had only 5 minutes until my PE class with Marie was going to start, I quickly packed my stuff and made my way to the gym, which was across from the main building. During my walk over there, I was greeted by a few of my students. It brought a smile to my face knowing that at least a few of my students already started to like me. I opened the gym door and was greeted by a smiling Marie.

"Hey there! Come with me, I'll show you the changing rooms. The students are already n theirs." I quickly followed her. It only took me a couple of minutes to change into a t-shirt and some shorts; and after I put on my shoes I walked into the huge gym. Marie was already talking to a few girls who were a little early for class. More and more students walked in and sat on the benches which were lined up on one side of the gym. Marie and I stood in front of them and Marie started to talk.

"Hey guys, so as you all know this year Miss Hemmings here is going to help me with this class, so just treat her like you treat me." She smiled at the students and looked at the piece of paper in her hand. Turning towards me she asked me to check if everyone was there so she could prepare what we were going to do today. I nodded and took the list out of her hand.

"Okay guys... Anna?"

"Here!"

"Leon?"

"Yes?"

"Marc?"

I heard a loud "yes" coming from my right and I quickly looked in the direction the voice was coming from. I didn't see Marc coming in the gym, but there he was, sitting between his friends wearing what I suppose were his soccer training clothes. After I was finished with the list, I looked over my shoulder to see if Marie was ready.

She made her way over to us and everyone, including me, looked at her. "Okay, so I thought that we would kick this year off with a little bit of basketball. We will do some exercises this week and then next week we will play some real matches and Mae and I are going to grade you. Now I want you guys to warm up."

I guess the students knew what they had to do, because they all stood up and started running around the gym in circles or doing stretches to get warmed up.

Helpless, I looked at Marie. "When they are finished with their warm-ups, we are going to split them into groups and they can practice some foul shots. We are just gonna walk around and tell them what they can do better, okay?" I smiled at her. "Sure."

Ten minutes later, the students were split up and throwing the basketballs. Some were successful, others... weren't. I was scared to be knocked out by a basketball while I made my way from group to group. I tried to help some girls who were pretty clueless about basketball. I had a lot of fun teaching them how to improve their throws and half an hour later it was time to go to the next group. Which was Marc's. He was messing around with three other boys who I recognized from our previous English class.

"hey Miss Hemmings!"

"Hey boys, how's it going?"

"Well, pretty good actually." Marc smiled at me and threw the ball. Of course, it went straight into the hoop. "See." Smirking, he made his way over to where I was standing. "And now it's your turn, Miss Hemmings." He emphasized my name and handed the ball over to me. I walked up to the hoop and stood in front of it. Okay, Mae, you don't want to embarrass yourself now! Taking a deep breath, I threw the ball and, just like Marc's, it went into the hoop. Happy with myself, I looked at the boys. "Guess there's nothing I can teach you boys. Well done." After I said that I continued with the next group. Twenty minutes later, the bell rang.

I helped Marie who was collecting all the basketballs lying around the gym. "Thank you so much Mae! I'm really looking forward to teach this class with you." Marie smiled at me and I smiled back. "It was pretty cool. I've always been into sports, but honestly, I'm more of a soccer girl." I laughed and put away the big bag with all the basketballs in it. "Nah,  basketball is my thing!  That's why I chose to do it first. ", Marie laughed.

After changing out of my gym clothes, I grabbed my bag and made my way towards the parking lot where my car was. While I was looking for my keys in my bag, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Marc running towards me.

When I saw him,  I was getting paranoid. Hopefully no one heard him calling me by my first name. Fortunately,  I couldn't see anyone else near us.

"It's Miss Hemmings to you, Marc." He smirked at me.

"Well, I thought since you signed that little note in my locker with your first name we would be on a first name basis." Winking at me, he took something out of his bag. "Here." He held out a five dollar bill. "I told you I don't want your money."

"And I told you I can pay for my own drink." While saying this, I opened my car door and threw my bag on the passenger seat.

"Come on, Mae, look at it as a welcoming gift" Still holding out his hand with the money in it, he moved closer to me. I quickly sat in my car, but Marc moved even closer, making it impossible for me to close the door.

"Marc, would you mind stepping back so I can close my car door?" We looked into each other's eyes, but he still refused to move.

"Oh, I understand. You want to go home quickly to have some alone time with your boyfriend."

"No I don't I haven't eaten anything yet, so I'm hungry. That's why I want to go home. Now." I was starting to get angry and tried to close the door.

"Okay, okay. Take the money and I'll leave you alone. For now." I grabbed the five dollar bill and looked at him. "Move." He obeyed. Before I finally closed the door, I reminded him of his homework that he has to hand in tomorrow. "Don't worry Mae, I'll head straight home to do it." He smiled at me and it actually looked like a real, genuine smile.

I spent the afternoon  at home, preparing future classes. David wasn't home. Again. He was in a pretty high position at the police department, meaning he had to attend conferences and meetings that often lasted a couple of days and were all over the state. We had some fights because of this before. I love him, but our relationship wasn't my idea of an ideal relationship due to him being away so often. It was Tuesday and he wouldn't come back until Thursday night. I made the best out of my alone time. Netflix and chill.

Halfway through my fifth episode of Pretty Little Liars, I got an e-mail notification on my phone. I opened it and read the message.

"By the way, it was pretty naughty of you to break into my locker today."

I nearly dropped my phone. Why would he write me? I think I'm having a panic attack. I stared at my phone and didn't know what to do. Should I write back or ignore it? It was so inappropriate of him to write me. Of course I gave my mail address to my classes, but it was only for school related stuff. And this wasn't school or homework related. At all.

After thinking about it for 5 minutes, I couldn't resist. I wrote back. Stupid me.

"I didn't break into your locker. I got your locker combination from the secretary. Now concentrate on doing your homework instead of disturbing my date with Netflix."

"Did you ditch your boyfriend?" Damn, that boy is a handful.  I can imagine him having a satisfied smirk on his face right now.

"No. I'll see you tomorrow in class. Don't forget your homework!" After hitting send, I turned off my phone and focused on my laptop screen for another hour before going to sleep.

Don't forget to vote and comment:)
Much love from Germamy