3~Gentleman

As soon as I walked through our front door, I heard voices coming from the living room. Seems like our friends already arrived. I went to the kitchen and put the  shopping bags down, knocking a glass filled with beer down during the process. I guess I was just too eager to see my friends again. "What's going on in here, babe?"

My boyfriend David made his way over to me and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek. "Uhh nothing just knocked down the glass." I sighed and pointed to the mess I made on the floor. "Let me clean it up. You go and say hi to Ella and the rest." I thanked David and made my way towards the living room, where our friends were seated around the table talking.

"Hey everyone!" I smiled and sat down next to my best friend, Ella. "I missed you so much, El!" I hugged her.

"I missed you too! I can't believe we haven't been shopping for a whole month!"

I burst out laughing. Oh how I missed this girl!

"Well, I'm not the one who ditched me to go and see my all time favorite band in Berlin! Hell girl you flew to another continent to see them live!" That's right. Ella was also from Germany and she has been my best friend since kindergarten. Our favorite band was a german band called "Kraftklub" and she flew to Berlin to see them and to visit her family. I was super jealous when I heard that she would go to Germany because I haven't been there for two years and I really miss my old friends and the rest of my family. Only my parents and my sister Jasmine came to New York with me.

"Come on, we'll go home for Christmas!" I smiled at Ella and saw David entering the living room.

"Okay, I cleaned up your mess," he gave me a cheeky grin, "and I brought the beer!"

The next couple hours went by pretty fast. It was now nearly 1am and our friends started to leave.

Before Ella exited our apartment, she told me to text her tomorrow. "We have to meet tomorrow so you can tell me everything about your new job. I want details about the hot high school boys!" She winked at me and left.

I helped David clean up and we both changed after that and went to bed.

"How, was your first day at work, sweetie?" David put his arm around me and gave my shoulder a light kiss. "It was okay, I guess. I actually had a nice chat with one of the  teachers. She seems really nice." I turned around so I could look him in the eyes. "I'm so proud of you, Mae." I smiled at David and hugged him tight.

I woke up at 6:30 and went into the bathroom. After an hour I was ready to leave. David had already left, but not without writing me a cute note, wishing me good luck for my second day at work. He works at the New York Police. I have to admit I don't really like his job, because I'm scared that one day I will get a call and someone tells me he's hurt. But on the other hand, he looks pretty good in his uniform...

I met David during my first weeks in college. He was at a bar with his friends while I was there with Ella. We started talking and decided to meet again. Ever since we first met, David has been the cutest and kindest guy I know. Soon after that night at the bar, we became a couple. It's been 3 years and I'm still crazy in love with him.

I took my bag and left our apartment building. The roads  were pretty packed as I tried to get  to Starbucks  before driving to school. When I arrived at Starbucks, it was already 7:46 and school starts at 8:10. I had my senior English class first and second period, so I was in a rush. I waited in line and checked my phone. 

There was a message from my mum, inviting me and David to dinner on Saturday to catch up. I smiled giving her a quick response saying we'd  be there. As I was going through the menu on the wall above the counter too see what I would get, I got another text from Ella.

"Morning  gurl, you up for shopping tomorrow afternoon? Xo"

"Sure see you at 3 at the mall?xx"

"Can't wait:)xo"

After I put away my phone, I realized it was my turn to order.

"I'd like to have a coffee."

What the...?

The voice of the customer who rudely stepped  infront of me and ordered his coffee even though it was my turn sounded very familiar. I took my eyes away from my phone and looked up. At the same time, Marc turned his head and stared at me.

"What the hell was that?" I angrily asked him.

"What are you talking about?" He looked at me confused before taking a step away from me. Well, I guess I looked pretty mad.

"It was my turn to order!"

"Well what do you want?"

Now it was my turn to look confused. "A mocca coffee but that's none of your business!"

Marc turned around: "You heard it. Make it a coffee and a mocca coffee man."

The man behind the counter walked away to make our coffees. After a couple of seconds I realized what just happened and took out my purse.

When our coffees were ready, Marc gave the man a ten dollar bill. I was too busy thinking about what just happened to notice that he paid for my drink, too. Marc turned around and gave me my coffee. I took it from him and held out five dollars for him to take.

"It's okay..... Mae." He winked at me and left the store. I ran after him, trying not to spill the hot coffee over myself.

"Hey, wait!" He turned around and smiled at me.

"What's wrong? Can't get enough of me?"

I walked over to him so we were just a couple steps apart. "Someday your big ego will make your head explode." He laughed at me and then looked at the watch around his wrist.

"We better get going. We're already late."I looked at my own watch and saw that it was 8:11. "Oh, shit." I ran towards my car and got in.

After ten minutes, I finally arrived at Jefferson High. As I ran across the parking lot I heard Marc, who arrived at  the parking lot just seconds after me turn off the engine of his car. I ignored him and kept walking towards class. After a couple seconds, Marc was beside me. We didn't speak and I didn't dare to look at him, but I'm pretty sure he was smirking. When we reached the classroom, he opened the door and let me go in first.

Don't forget to vote and comment:)
Much love from Germamy