| 16 |

I carefully walked through the crowd and out onto the small open space that always was used for dances. A few claps and coos echoed out through the Tavern as I smiled softly and turned to the orchestra.

"If you would be so kind," I grinned widely as the Tavern orchestra all grinned at me.

The violin player in the orchestra began counting and soon music echoed out in the Tavern. Slowly I began dancing around as easily as I used to do, dragging people with me once in a while to join the dance.

The synchronized claps echoed out in the Tavern as if it was a dance we all had been dancing our whole lives and not just for a few nights every few weeks. 

A wide grin stayed on my face as I continued to dance around, hand in hand, arm linked in arm, jumping and twirling. At times it almost felt like I was flying in my own little world, especially whenever I twirled and jumped around.

Dance after dance echoed out in the Tavern, laughter and claps went in sync with one another, all until the very last one. As the sixth dance finished I let out a small laugh before bowing to an applause of clapping and happy yells, thankful yells that I came back to dance again.

"Have fun being a slave for the royal family miss Lim!" a voice yelled out and I let out a small laugh.

I calmly walked back to my stool to slip on my boots again, and threw my coat over my shoulders before holding up both my hands in the air, doing a deep bow as a few laughs echoed out once more.

"Don't let them work you to death like everyone else," another voice yelled out and I just smiled as I quietly exited the Tavern and closed the door behind me.

I easily buttoned a few of the buttons of my coat and was about to continue walking when someone grabbed onto my elbow. I had nearly jumped a meter up in the air, had it not been for the grip on my elbow.

My heartrate sped up within seconds at the sight of a figue in a dark cloak and with the hood up. This could end very wrong if I didn't handle it alright.

"Told you it wasn't for work," a familiar voice spoke with amusement.

I gasped quietly before ripping my arm to myself and hitting his chest, only to get a bright laugh in return.

"Idiot," I hissed, "do you have any idea how dangerous it is for you to be out here alone?"

"I'm not alone now, am I?" he questioned in amusement.

"Oh yeah... because I'm so incredibly good at fighting people," I simply rolled my eyes and began walking away from the Tavern, fast footsteps immediately catching up to me.

"You know it's dangerous for you to be out here alone too, right?" he questioned and I immediately whipped around to look at him, poking him in his chest.

"You're the fucking prince," I hissed at him, making sure no one would hear us, "do you have any idea how incredibly dangerous this is?"

"You're a pretty girl! Do you have any idea what the wrong people do to your sort?" he questioned in return and I let out a deep sigh.

"Jungwon... you're important, you have to rule this country one day. You need to be careful," I softly spoke and he sighed deeply.

"I don't care," he loudly spoke, "besides you're important too," he quietly added, to which I arched my brow, "at least to me you are..."

"Let's get you back home," I sighed and laid my hand on his back to push him along with me. 

"No, listen to me," he sternly insisted and turned to me, grabbing onto the hand that I previously had held on his back, "I don't feel good knowing you walked down here by yourself... let alone you dancing with strangers in there."

"They're good people Jungwon," I softly spoke, "sure they're low in the social class, but they're normal people."

"Their sort is dangerous and like wild animals, they won't hesitate to hurt anyone," Jungwon insisted and I took a step back from him as a frown grew on my face, "wait, hold on-" he began, quickly realizing his mistake, "I mean, you're not, but-"

"So this is what people mean when they say you're arrogant. I always thought they just overexaggerated," I mumbled as I pulled my hand out of his grip.

"No, wait, Ji," he sighed and grabbed out after my hand again, as I immediately took another step away.

"You know that I'm of their sort as well," I reminded him and his face faltered even more within seconds, "you seriously think that lowly of us?"

"Stop Ji, you know I didn't mean-" he started again as I grabbed onto my elbows and his hands immediately dropped in defeat.

"I'm just gonna walk you back to the castle now and make sure you get back safely... I think it's about time you begin treating me like I'm actually a handmaid," I mumbled before continuing the walk back towards the castle.

Not long after I had begun walking I could hear Jungwon's footsteps quickly run up beside me and begin walking. Once in a while I could hear him suck in a deep breath as if he was going to say something, but each time it seemed like he regretted whatever he was going to say before it even came out of his mouth.

"Ji-" he started and I immediately cut him off.

"I don't wanna hear it, from now on you treat me like what I actually am," I shortly replied and he let out a deep sigh as I opened the castle gates for him.

He quietly glanced at me before walking through the gates and up towards the big double doors.

"Mom told me where you went," Jungwon spoke up after having walked a bit down the path. I simply looked at him before I turned to close and lock the gate for the night.

"Go to bed your Highness," I calmly spoke and saw him purse his lips before I turned down a smaller side path of the front gardens.

"Where are you going?" he called out after me.

"I have to lock the remaining gates," I simply replied before bowing my head to him and continuing down the path I was walking on.

As I continued around to lock all the gates I soon reached the gate outside of Jungwon's room, the one that was placed in Eden. I could see him stand out on his balcony and watch me as I locked the gate and continued around the gardens. I couldn't see his face, but I didn't really want to either so it was fine.