| 2.10 |

When I went to bed in the evening I hadn't seen Jungwon since he left the interogation earlier. He hadn't joined me for dinner and I had been down to pick up my own meal, because I still was relatively paranoid just by the thought of someone else serving my dinner to me.

I had searched the dining room and our bedroom for him to eat dinner, but he was nowhere, resulting in me sitting in the dining room by myself. 

Once I had eaten I had gone to both his office and the library in search of him. Both places he wasn't to be seen.

Even now that I was sitting in bed, noting down new ideas for foundations or things for me to do, he still wasn't present. I had tried to research anything I could do while in China, but had ended up with the conclusion that if I stayed with Jungwon's sister she probably would end up assuring something for me to do.

Eventually the door sprung open and almost slammed immediately as Jungwon simply marched in and immediately got rid of his blazer and ruffled up his hair. I quietly watched as he paced around with frustration. Getting rid of tie as well before he rushed to pick up his pajamas.

He didn't say anything, neither did I. I was even beginning to wonder if he had realized I was in the room, especially when he just casually began changing into his pajamas. To which I had quickly adverted my eyes back down to my notes once again to not see him change.

"Oh my god you gave me a scare," Jungwon exclaimed, making me glance up to see him completely changed into his pajamas and holding a hand above his heart, "how long have you been sitting there?"

"For at least the last hour," I calmly replied as I looked back down at my notes, "spent some time looking for you after dinner and have been sitting here ever since."

"Ah..." he slowly nodded as he looked out the window momentarily before sucking in a deep breath and looking back at me, "do you wanna go out on the balcony and sit?"

"It's autumn, Jungwon," I reminded him softly, only earning a shrug from him, "you can't be serious."

"I'll go down and get hot chocolate from the kitchen," he nodded at me and gestured back to the door once again.

"Will that make you calm down?" I questioned him, only earning a frown in return as his hand slowly dropped, "I know you're mad about that interogation and your dad and all that," I casually shrugged and closed my notebook, placing it on my nightstand before eventually folding my hands in my lap.

"I uhm... I guess I might've gotten a part of my father's temper," he admitted awkwardly and scratched the side of his nose, "I think it was good you were there."

"You think?" I snorted at him, making him quickly rush over to me.

"I know I was very cold and quiet and frustrated and mad and all that when we sat outside the interogation room, and I'm sorry," he quickly apologized.

"You don't have to apologize," I let out a small chuckle at him, only earning a frown from him, "Jungwon, did you hurt me?"

"I don't think so..." he slowly shook his head.

"Then don't apologize," I reminded him, earning a slow nod from him instead, "now what have you been up to all evening?"

"My father is coming to China for one day while we're there," Jungwon admitted and I pursed my lips, "you can stay with Noona all day, I just need a talk with him."

"Don't do anything stupid," I warned him and he immediately shook his head.

"I won't. I just have to assure he won't attempt to get rid of you more," Jungwon assured and ruffled my hair as he got up and walked over to his side of the bed, slumping down before running a hand through his hair, "I just can't believe he actually is trying to kill you... I didn't think he'd ever go that far."

"Well, he won't be able to," I shrugged and Jungwon immediately snapped his head to look at me.

"What did you just say?" he questioned in confusion.

"He won't be able to kill me. I'm not allowing it," I excused and pulled on Jungwon's arm, automatically making him throw his legs up into the bed, "now come here you big baby and I'll give you cuddles until you feel better."

"I'll first really feel better when I know my dad doesn't have a target on your back," Jungwon sighed and leaned his head down onto my shoulder as he began playing with his fingers, "why can't he just leave us alone?"

"You know why," I softly reminded him and pressed a kiss to the top of his head, "we can't do anything about it."

Jungwon hummed quietly before letting out a deep sigh, stopping playing with his fingers to reach over and grab my hand in his, immediately intertwining our fingers.

"Do you know why maid Min took those orders from my father?" Jungwon murmured and I glanced over at him, "besides the fact that he's still bitter about me marrying you and not miss oh-so-lovely-Goo-Taehee."

"He promised..." I frowned slightly, "that if Taehee had married another man, maid Min would be the next Queen and marry you."

"And I don't have a say in that?" Jungwon questioned, only making me shaking my head.

"When did he last let you have a say in anything?" I snorted and leaned my head onto his.

"Like... never," a small laugh escaped Jungwon as he softly picked at my fingers, lifting them up before letting them fall back and drum against the back of his hand, right between his knuckles, "I'll make sure he doesn't get any way to harm you ever again... you're too precious too me."

"Alright bed time little king," I sighed at him, "you're getting too cheesy now."

As I lifted my head from Jungwon's he turned his head around to look up at me with a small smile, as if he was completely innocent of all the cheesy things he had ever said.

"You know you love it."

"Mhm, I do."