| 25 |

A small sigh escaped my mouth as I looked around Jungwon's room. A few things had been thrown around here and there, in an obvious attempt to find anything that could bring down the monarchy.

"Uhm, Jiyeon?" Lin spoke up from the door and I hummed as I turned around and looked at her, "we maids have a small problem," she excused and squinted her fingers together.

"What?" I questioned, "we just have to clean, right?"

"It was only maids that was killed, attacked or injured during the attack," she spoke, "the castle guards are saying they're working their way up through the hierachy inside the castle to bring it down."

"We'll be fine," I assured her with a small smile, "it's just pure coincidence, now go to the sewing room to clean up there and I'll start on this mess."

Lin quietly nodded as she glanced around the room before slowly exiting. I turned back to the room and quickly tied my apron a bit tighter around me over the black dress I wore. I quietly began walking around and picking up broking picture frames, vases and his alarm clock that also had shattered, putting it over in a box for him to see what was ruined, meanwhile all the pictures was put into a pocket in my apron.

I quietly moved out in the bathroom to look for more glass shards, only to be met by a big broken mirror. Immediately I arched a brow at the sight.

"Well... someone is gonna have seven years of bad luck," I commented before looking around and catching a broken window, "and that will have to be fixed as well," I murmured and noted it down on my small notepad.

I carefully began picking up the big shards of the ruined mirror and placed them in another box for themself meanwhile I just stayed in my own little world while I walked around cleaning.

"Ji?" a voice immediately called out as I heard a door closing. My head immediately perked up before I carefully walked over to the door back to Jungwon's room, still holding a big mirror shard in my hands, "oh thank god," he breathed out the moment he saw me, quickly rushing over to give me a hug and disregarding the fact that I stood with a big shard in my hands.

"Careful," I complained and quickly pulled away from him to throw the shard over in a box.

"No, no, no, hug," he insisted and pulled me back into his embrace, by grabbing my wrist, "you have no idea how worried and scared I was... how dare you close the door on me like that in such a situation?" he quickly realized and held me out in arm's length.

"Hey... you're lucky I'm still alive by how long it took for you to go with me," I excused and poked him in the chest as I let out a small laugh.

"You got to safety, right?" he questioned and cupped my face as I just nodded and pulled his small knife up from my pocket, extending it towards him.

"And I'm not gonna question why this was in your pajama pants," I pointed out and glanced down to the plaid ones he still wore, as per usual.

"Keep it," he insisted and I frowned at him, "even if you're not gonna use it, keep it. It'll make me feel more secure that you're not in danger... not like a pocket knife can do much, but it'll give me some assurance."

"Now if you don't mind I do have a lot to clean up," I pointed out to him and he just looked over his shoulder before looking back at me with a questioning look, which I somehow managed to read immediately, "only a few maids, not too bad this time."

"Only a few?" he had almost screeched at me, "one of those few could've easily been you."

"But was I?" I questioned with a small laugh and gestured down at myself.

"Next time you come with me down to the secure evacuation room," he insisted and I frowned at him, "I'll easily make it an order."

"And I'll easily get into trouble if you're protective of me," I reminded before walkin past him and bunching up his blanket, which had been thrown off his bed, quickly shaking it to get rid of any possible glass.

"A picture is missing," Jungwon pointed out and I frowned over at him before pulling up the pictures from my apron, "no... I have a picture in my bedside table, no frame, it's gone. I checked before I called for you... it's gone."

"You checked both bedside tables?" I let out a small laugh at him.

"It's always in the right, always," Jungwon insisted.

"Yours or my right?" I questioned as I turned to face him.

"I know which side it should be in, trust me it is gone," he sternly spoke.

"It'll show up eventually," I assured him as I folded his blanket and threw it to the side to take down to laundry later.

"You don't get it Ji," he shook his head and I looked over at him, "it's a picture of us and I might've written something on the back that is not so good if they get ahold of..."

"Don't tell me-" I sighed and he just carefully smiled at me as he shrunk a bit under my gaze.

"I wrote something along the lines 'my forever happiness'," he admitted and I just stared at him in disbelief, "I was a thirteen year old boy who was crazy in love okay?!"

"Well, if we were thirteen I wouldn't be so easy to detect now," I reminded him and he still let out a small whine of complain, "you are aware that I actually grew past the age of thirteen, right?"

"But still... what if they'll suddenly hunt down after you to get me down?" he questioned with a small sigh.

"So you think... that they'll hunt down an irrelevant handmaid to bring the monarchy down?" I questioned and he just quietly nodded, "you do hear how stupid that sounds, right?"

"Yeah, well if not I had declared my love for that irrelevant handmaid on the back of that picture," he grumbled and I let down a small laugh before walking over and ruffling his hair.

"It'll be fine," I assured before continuing to walk around and clean up his room, meanwhile he would frantically run around in an attempt to try and help me, but failing by A LOT. It was almost like he made more of a mess than cleaning.