| 33 |

I let my eyes glide over the words on the paper in the book Jungwon had given me in the morning before he went to his morning classes. I had taken the opportunity to at least get something somewhat productive done while he refused to let me work.

The door to Jungwon's room slamming open is mainly what had caught me off guard and made my heart speed up in it's pace, not exactly the furious princess standing in the door, marching right into the room.

"May I help you?" I questioned calmly as she marched up towards me, looking like she was getting ready to scream at me.

"Your Highness your parents are asking for you," another voice interrupted, I quickly learned it was Sunghoon who had come and stood in the door behind Princess Taehee.

"This is not done," the Princess warned me as I quietly waved her off while she marched past Sunghoon.

It almost looked like Sunghoon found her amusing in the way he snickered before stepping into the room and placing a tray down on Jungwon's desk.

"Jake sent your lunch to you," Sunghoon excused before turning to me and grabbing onto his elbows, "how are you feeling?"

"A lot better than what everyone believes," I excused with a shrug, "you have an incredible timing."

"I met the Prince down in the kitchen, asked me to go check on you because he had seen the Princess march through the hallways in a mad manner," Sunghoon excused, "he doesn't know if he'll be up to eat lunch with you today. Something about going to the library to check on something."

"I'll just go to the library," I offered and got out of the bed, immediately making Sunghoon rush over to support me, "I can stand up by myself. I'm not as injured as everyone goes around thinking," I reminded and Sunghoon immediately let go of me as I grabbed my tray of lunch before walking over to exit the room, "thank you for trying to help, but you don't need to. Focus more on being a good guard, okay?"

"If I'm not running around trying to ensure you're alright you know Jay is gonna do it instead," Sunghoon reminded and I just nodded at him.

I quietly walked down the hallway, towards the closest library, which mostly was the one Jungwon used. Something I've come to learn in the past few years of knowing him. 

I pushed open the door with the help of my shoulder. Walking down between the tall shelves, filled with books, I marched right down to the study in the middle of the library. Jungwon was nowhere near in sight, but a large stack of books were.

Without any hesitation I sat down beside the stack of books, quietly beginning to sip on my water as I listened to the sounds of Jungwon scowering through the bookshelves.

"Oh my-" a loud exclamation came from behind me, making me look over my shoulder to see Jungwon holding onto the left side of his chest, "why in the world are you out of bed?"

"Hmm... The Princess came to your room, clearly not happy and I missed you. Sunghoon said you would be here," I excused making a small smile spread on Jungwon's face.

"What'd she want? Taehee?" he questioned and I just shrugged.

"Tell me what she thought about me, I would suppose," I mumbled before turning back to my lunch after ensuring that Jungwon was gonna sit down beside me, "give me a piece of mind."

"And you missed me?" he questioned with a small smile as he sat down beside me. I calmly looked over at him and just nodded, "so what now?"

"You tell me how your little project is going," I remarked and pointed to the stack of books while taking a bite out of the lunch Sunghoon initially had brought for me.

"The case currently is that... I found my needed paragraphs, Teacher Oh clarified my power and rights to me, and I have everything I need in order for me to not necessarily convince my father, but remind him he can't control who I fall in love with," Jungwon clarified and I hummed with a small nod, "so, dinner is gonna get interesting tonight."

"Jungwon?" I questioned and he immediately looked up from his books and over at me with a small hum, "is it worth all that work?"

"I think you're forgetting what I'm doing this for," he reminded with a small smile before casually leaning in and pressing a small kiss to my cheek, "I'll only stop my efforts the day you can look me in the eye and truthfully tell me you don't love me. Can you do that right now?"

"...No," I whispered and he let out a small laugh as I glanced over at him. He hadn't pulled much back from when he pecked my cheek.

"So why should I stop?" he questioned and I quietly shrugged, "can I ask you something?"

"Why shouldn't you?" I questioned and he simply shrugged, glancing downwards as he did so, "what is it?"

"I just wondered... can I kiss you?" he questioned and for a second I'm sure my heart stopped and my face flushed a deep red color, "does a red face mean yes?" he questioned in amusement leaning closer, enough to have his nose graze the skin right beside my own, "just a peck?"

Without answering I quietly leaned forward and placed my lips on his. Going against his words Jungwon didn't let it be a short momentary peck. Instead he kept his lips on mine and placed a hand on my nape to make sure I didn't shorten the kiss more than he wanted it to be.

"Listen..." Jungwon muttered as he pulled away, but still not long enough for me to see his whole face, only his eyes, "I don't care what my dad says, or what the country says. I'm not gonna stop fighting before I can ensure that you're mine."

"Sometimes your determination scares me," I admitted with a small laugh as he just snickered at me.

"Your bruises are going away awfully fast," he commented as he leaned a bit more back, letting his fingertips trace down over the faint bruises that had littered out over my neck.

"Doctor Lee gave me some ointment for it," I excused and he hummed as a frown stayed on his face, quickly moving his eyes up to look at my face.

"From now on we're both sleeping in my bed," Jungwon decided before looking down at the notes he had placed in front of him, "and if needed, it'll be an order from me," he quickly turned to me with a small smile, ensuring that I got the message.

"Okay," I quietly nodded as I sipped from my water once again.