| 18 |

"Hurry up miss Lim, we don't have all day," Jungwon monotoneously spoke as he walked down the hallway that led down to his room.

I sucked in a deep breath before clenching my fists and immediately speeding up my walk to catch up with him. With each step my heels kept digging into my feet, irritating my skin and giving me blisters after popping the other ones I already had on my feet.

"Enter," Jungwon coldly spoke as he opened the door to his room and just followed me with hooded eyes as I rushed into his room.

I stood quietly in the middle of his room, my heart beating fast in my chest as I kept picking at the seam of the apron I was wearing, out of pure anxiety. As the door closed I flinched slightly, closing my eyes tightly as I let out a deep breath.

"Okay, listen-" Jungwon started before his voice abruptly cut off. I kept having my back turned to him, remembering I wasn't allowed to look at him without permission, "are you scared?" he questioned and I stayed still as I continued picking at the seams of my apron, "are you scared?"

"I mustn't answer that question your Highness," I slowly spoke before hearing him sigh heavily and his footsteps moved around the room.

"Did I scare you?" he questioned before walking over and sitting down on the edge of his bed, right in front of me, "was it me you flinched over?"

"I mustn't answer that question," I withheld as I looked down at the floor in front of me, "what did the prince need help with?"

"For you to drop that stupid work persona," he remarked and I stood quietly looking down at the floor, "Ji I'm serious, stop it. It's not funny."

"You... aren't gonna-" I slowly looked up at him before cutting myself up and pressing my lips tightly together.

"I'm not gonna what?" he questioned and I quietly shook my head at him, "what were you gonna ask?" he sternly questioned as he stood up and softly grabbed onto my shoulders, "I'm not gonna what?"

"...hurt me," I whispered and he let out a deep sigh before rubbing my arms softly.

"You know I wouldn't dream of doing it," he assured in a quiet voice, "but I swear whoever gave you the impression I was going to do that is gonna have to pay for their actions."

"No one gave me that impression," I shook my head immediately and he simply arched a brow at me.

Oh he surely didn't believe me.

"Oh yeah, so you just assumed by yourself that I was gonna hurt you all of a sudden?" he questioned in disbelief.

I stayed silent as I bit down on my bottom lip, there was no way I was gonna tell him anything about what happens whenever he isn't asking for me. Jungwon let out a deep sigh before letting go of me and walking to his desk. I stood still as I heard him scramble around in his things before walking back and extended a piece of paper and a pen towards me.

"I want names of all the people who hurt you while you've worked here, excluding the one incident with my dad that I know of," he sternly spoke and I hesitantly looked up at him, "and if you still think you're in work mode... then this is an order from me."

"But-" I started and he immediately cut me off.

"Order," he reminded and I sighed before grabbing the pen and paper, walking to the desk to sit down and write the list, "and... afterwards can you teach me that dance?"

"Dance?" I mumbled as I glanced over at him in confusion.

"The one from the Tavern," he excused, "I was wondering if you were willing to sneak me out so we could go dance there together... for just one night?"