| 46 |

I had decided to not sleep in Jungwon's room after he had told me the whole thing with him and Eden, instead I had wanted to sleep in my maid room. I guess it had been good for me to do that, seeing as I had spent those evenings reading in the book Jungwon had given me, and asking him any questions about it during the day time.

Sure I had sensed Jungwon not being too happy with not having me sleeping beside him, but it somehow prepared me more for what I was getting into along with the ball. Somehow all royal family members was connected to a garden around the castle, as if they were connected through a magical bond. If anything happened to them something happened to the garden, if something happened to the garden something happened to them. Should be easy for me to understand... or so...

"Suck it in!" Lin let out a small laugh as she zipped up my back for me, her soft hands helping me into the dress she had made for me.

"Lin this is beautiful," I murmured while I looked down at myself.

"Beautiful dress for a beautiful Princess," Lin excused and patted my shoulders from behind me, only earning a laugh from me, "I have to ensure the prince will stay in love with you, right?"

"I don't think that will be a problem," I shook my head as I could feel her begin lacing up the fake corset closing in the back of the dress.

"I know," Lin nodded, "but I'm still gonna make sure you have all his attention," she let out a small laugh.

"And you and pianist Kim?" I questioned her, making her accidentally tighten the lacing a bit too much, earning a small yelp from me.

"Sorry," she immediately gasped and loosened it a bit, "I just... uhm... yeah..." she awkwardly excused, "I don't know about him and me."

"Why?" I complained as she tied up the lacing before turning me around to look at me, flattening out the skirt properly.

"I just... yeah..." she sighed before folding her arms over her chest, "I don't know."

"Go get your dress," I urged and she just looked up at me with raised eyebrows, "the red one. Go get it, right now."

"I'm not sure..." she trailed off.

"Either you go get it or I'm gonna go get it and force you into that dress," I warned her, a small smile spreading on her face before she walked over to the chest beside her working table.

From within the chest she pulled a dress she once had made for herself in a deep red color. The top was quite simple but the bottom had a small layer of red tulle, topped with a thin layer of red lace.

"I don't know Jiyeon..." Lin sighed as she held the dress up against herself.

Without saying a word I walked over and grabbed the dress from her, urging her to step up on the pedestal. Lin let out a small sigh before walking over to the pedestal while undoing the small tie on her work uniform.

Quietly Lin stripped out of her uniform while I bunched the dress up in my hands. It was quite cold in the sewing room, so I wasn't surprised when I saw Lin shaking on the pedestal.

"You have a great figure," I murmured as I pulled the dress over her head, while lin stuck her arms out into the sleeves, quickly zipping herself up under her right arm.

"I don't know about this dress," Lin sighed as she just flattened the skirt down.

A small smile spread on my face as I grabbed both her hands, pulling her down from the pedestal and smugly turning up the music that was softly playing from the gramophone. I quickly got her twirled around a few times, a small laugh finally escaping Lin as I did so.

"Try and close your eyes," I urged as Lin slowly did so, letting out a small laugh, "now... imagine that I'm that handsome pianist," I smirked as I wrapped a hand around her waist and grabbed the other tightly in my hand.

"Jiyeon!" Lin let out a small laugh along with her whine of complaint.

"Eyes closed!" I sternly warned and Lin let out a small laugh as she dropped her head momentarily before pulling herself together and straightening up.

Quietly Lin and I danced around the sewing room, until a person cleared their voice. Within seconds we had quickly pulled away from one another and turned to Sunoo, who had entered the sewing room, causing Lin's ears to turn a bright red within seconds.

"I uhm... I was just going to ask seamstress Jung to come help me set up the music stands for the orchestra," Sunoo slowly spoke, "and uhm... if I could add that I think her dress is remarkably gorgeous."

"Oh... thanks," Lin repeated the flattening out of the skirt in an attempt to avoid eye contact, "I better go help Pianist Kim," she excused to me and I just nodded at her, urging her to go on.

Slowly Lin followed after Sunoo out of the room, while I was left behind to think of whether or not I should go up to the ballroom already. I ended up deciding against it, sitting down in a chair as I closed my eyes and listened to the scratchy music instead, to calm myself down.