| 40 |

Despite not having fallen asleep in them, I had woken up in Jungwon's arms... to an unpleasant sound. My eyes immediately shut open at the familiar alarm, and I had struggled to sit up due to Jungwon's tight embrace.

"Where are you going?" Jungwon's voice was groggy as he opened one of his eyes and looked at me through the dark while I quickly lit the oil lamp on the night stand beside me. I hesitantly glanced back at Jungwon, who had propped himself up on one of his elbows as he looked at me with squinted and tired eyes.

"Get up," I hurried and he slowly let go of me as I swung my feet over the edge of his bed and right down into my boots, which I was quick to lace up within seconds, "I said get up Jungwon."

All at once his eyes opened wide as he heard the alam as well. He was quick to rush over and pull one of his sweaters on, before running towards me pulling another of his sweaters down over my head. He knew I was gonna get cold if I wandered about in my old scrabby pajamas. He was quick to grab the waistband of my pajamas pants as well, quickly rolling them up a bit so the legs were the right length for me.

"We gotta get to the security room," Jungwon insisted and I just hummed as I grabbed the oil lamp from his night stand, "and you're staying with me in the security room this time, okay?" he questioned as he looked at me with wide and worried eyes, "promise to not run away from me in this chaos."

"We have to go," I hissed as I glanced out of one of his windows, already seeing the hoard outside the big double doors that led straight into the castle. The entrance that was closest to Jungwon's room.

Without another word I quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him with me out on the hallway. It was times like these that I appreciated the fact that the secret passage to the Royal security room wasn't far away from his bedroom.

As if it was daily routine I managed to get the secret door open and push Jungwon in. Meanwhile he refused to let go of my hand, turning to me with big eyes as if he was begging me to follow.

"Miss Lim we need support by the entrance. The guards are keeping the doors closed, but not for long," one of the violinists in the orchestra ran past us.

I quickly looked back at Jungwon, who just shook his head at me. I shoved the oil lamp into his hand before pinching the one that still was holding onto me. He immediately let go of my hand with a small hiss, giving me time to run after the violinist down to the front hall.

Stopping at the top of the stairs I could only watch as guards, maids, seamtresses, kitchenworkers, the orchestra, everyone was trying to keep the doors closed, others were fighting to keep the window bars standing while protestors had smashed the windows.

Down by the front of the doors I caught Sunghoon, who was desperately pushing against one of the doors with his back, putting all his strength into it, judging by his strained facial expression. Another place in the group Sunoo was holding Lin's head down as both of them fought to help keep the doors closed as well.

"Shit, shit, shit," I murmured as I rushed down the stairs and ran straight into the group.

Somehow I managed to push myself through and up to the front rather quickly. Within seconds I stood pushing back against the door right beside Sunghoon, whose eyes widened the moment he saw me.

"Get away," he immediately yelled and I just shook my head at him. 

Almost as if he had gained inhumane strength he had ripped me away from the door and right in front of him, letting someone else take my spot with pushing the door. Sunghoon still kept his back pressed against the door as he looked at me sternly.

"I need you to take the Prince and seamstress Jung, the three of you need to get away, you hear me?" Sunghoon slowly spoke and I shook my head, "if you don't go right now you'll die by this door tonight."

"I am not going anywhere," I shook my head, making Sunghoon purse his lips.

He opened his mouth to retaliate with something, but before he got the chance a harsh push came from the back of the group, immediately forcing me to stumble right into and up against Sunghoon.

I was quickly encaged in Sunghoon's arms as he assured that I would stay standing on my feet while he continued to press back against the door.

"They're too many!" someone yelled somewhere.

"We can't keep it closed!"

"Somebody get the weapons!"

I held tightly onto Sunghoon with one arm while my other pushed against the door with all my might. Meanwhile one of Sunghoon's arms was wrapped around my shoulders, his hand digging into my hair as he used the other to hold onto someone else in the group who seemed to be struggling after the harsh push from the back.

"We're all gonna die!"

"Heck no we're not," I murmured in return to someone's loud scream.

I wasn't gonna die tonight, neither was Sunghoon, neither was Sunoo and neither was Lin. No one was going to die. We could keep these doors closed all night if that was needed, we just had to keep going instead of giving up.