| 41 |

A harsh push came from the other side of the door, and Sunghoon stumbled a bit to keep his ground before harshly pushing back against it with everyone else.

"Are you alright?" Sunghoon immediately looked to me as I nodded and kicked against the door to close it the last bit.

"Oh my god they got Kitae!" a voice yelled out and I immediately widened my eyes as I looked at Sunghoon, "they took him!"

"Dead meat," I muttered and Sunghoon just nodded at me as his face contorted into a weird mix of pain and overwork.

Another place in the group a loud scream was as the group momentarily dissolved in one place, meaning that the rest of us at the door had to keep working harder before they put their pressure back on it again, where the group had dissolved.

"Holy shit what is that?"

"That's an arm... okay... that's an arm..."

"It's decapitated!"

The thought of a decapitated arm laying on the floor in the front hall immediately made me naseous. It didn't exactly help when the iron-like smell of fresh blood hit my nostrils and I immediately had to turn my face into Sunghoon's shoulder as to not throw up then and there.

"You need to go," Sunghoon hoarsly whispered and I shook my head, kicking against the door once again, "he can't keep standing there and watching you. You need to go and get him to safety."

"Who?" I hissed as I looked over at Sunghoon in disbelief as to what he was talking about.

Sunghoon wasn't even looking at me, he was looking to somewhere right past my head. I quickly craned my neck around and looked towards the spot Sunghoon was. At the top of the stairs, down towards the Princess suite and Jungwon's room, stood Jungwon, staring down at the group.

Within seconds we had immediately locked eyes and he sent me a look that almost looked like to be begging for me to just go with him to a security room.

For a second I wanted to go with him, but then there was another push on the other side of the door and a loud scream came from somewhere. It immediately caught my attention and I kicked against the door to try and help and close it, only moving it a few centimeters more closed.

"What happened?"

"They stabbed her with a pitchfork!"

"Someone get Seamstress Ahn to Doctor Lee!"

I let out a small breath of relief after assuring it wasn't Lin who had been stabbed with a pitchfork. I dropped my head down to try and calm myself down before pushing harshly against the door once more, only earning a squeeze from Sunghoon.

"We can't hold them back much longer, we need to get the Prince away," Sunghoon reminded as he looked right at me, "you're the only one who can get him away."

"Hell no, I'm not," I shook my head before looking back over my shoulder and up at Jungwon.

It was clear he was growing more and more nervous with the second while he kept his eyes on me. Without any hesitation or even thinking over it twice I yelled out loudly.

"Someone get the Prince away from the stairs!" it didn't sound like my voice when I yelled out, it sounded more strained and panicked that I thought I would sound like.

I quietly watched as Jungwon's eyes widened and he started rushing down the stairs towards the group. Every once in a while he would glance down to watch his step, but he would always look back at me.

Only a few more seconds passed as Jungwon managed to get down six steps before a guard came and grabbed onto his arm, pulling him back up the stairs. I felt myself relax more knowing that Jungwon was getting rushed away to safety.

"Hold tight," Sunghoon hissed as Jungwon had been pulled up to the top of the stairs.

All at once my eyes were ripped away from Jungwon as a blunt force had both Sunghoon and I flying down to the floor with a handful of other castle workers. It had almost been like a tsunami had hit me right in the chest, knocking all air out of my lungs as I fell back down on the floor.

Sunghoon was quick to grab onto me and pull me into a nearby broom closet as I watched Jungwon get pulled down the hallway upstairs and protestants rush into the castle on the other side of the door, Sunghoon was quick to close and block with a broom.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" Sunghoon urgently questioned as he lit a small match, which he usually would have to use for the canons out by the coast if anyone was trying to attack the country from the sea.

"I'm fine," I shook my head as I slid down against the wall, breathing heavily as I finally felt the exhaustion from all my efforts wash over me.