| 39 |

Lin had been kind enough to let Jungwon and I borrow the gramophone from the sewing room for at least an hour today. A good thing was that Jungwon knew how to use it, because I still was too confused and in awe to think of how such a thing could play music without any instruments.

"A bit scratchy, but it'll do, right?" Jungwon questioned as he turned to me, turning a bit up for the gramophone's sound, "I would've preffered to dance in the rain you know."

"How will you dance in the rain if it's sunny outside?" I let out a small laugh at him, "besides, isn't it incredible?" I questioned, staring at the gramophone as Jungwon just let out a small laugh while he walked over to me.

"What would be incredible is if you taught me a proper waltz, so I don't look like an idiot," he reminded, turning my chin upwards with two fingers, "can you do that miss Lim?"

"Perhaps I can your highness," I let out a small laugh as he just chuckled and pulled me out onto the middle of the floor in the smallest ballroom the castle had.

I grabbed Jungwon's hands and placed them correctly, one on my waist and the other holding softly onto my hand. I immediately straightened up slightly before laying my free hand on his shoulder. A small smile immediately spread on Jungwon's face as I looked up at him.

"You have to look at our feet to learn," I reminded him and he just nodded immediately, clearly not listening to what I was saying, "so there are two main points in a waltz. One is that there only are four counts, so it goes one, two three, four. One, two three, four. Got it?" I questioned and Jungwon just quietly nodded, "secondly the focus is to continue forming a square while dancing, meanwhile you move around a room. Okay?"

"Yes..." he slowly spoke and I let out a small smile.

"We'll just try doing the square without moving around the room, okay?" I questioned and he nodded and looked down, "so when I step back with one foot you step forward with that foot, got it?"

"Yeah, yeah," he hurriedly spoke and looked down at our feet, "and because I'm the male I'm leading the dance."

"Correct."

Jungwon sucked in a deep breath before moving one foot forward, to which I immediately stepped backwards. He quite quickly got the feel of moving around in the square with his steps, while I remembered to compliment him for everything he did right. Usually my compliments resulted in him letting out a small giggle and a peck to my cheek.

"Prince Jungwon?" a loud screech of a voice cut through the music and I immediately let go of Jungwon, taking a step back.

A loyd sigh escaped Jungwon as he turned around with an annoyed look on his face, looking straight at Taehee, who seemed to have barged right into the room. Her eyes kept piercing into me as I tried to keep my eyes on Jungwon.

"What do you want now?" Jungwon questioned and Taehee let out a small snort as she straightened her back and got a self-satisfied look on her face.

"Just reminding you about our date to the gazebo tonight for dinner," she bitterly smiled as she glanced over towards me.

"Yeah, yeah, just go," Jungwon waved her off, "I'm in the midst of something."

"Wash your hands before you come to the date. I don't want any traits of that filthy maid near my food," Taehee continued as Jungwon just marched over and softly pushed her out of the door, slamming it quite quickly.

It was silent beside the scratching gramophone standing in the corner of the room, still playing the waltz music. Jungwon let out a sigh before rubbing his face in his hands, quickly looking up.

"That date is arranged by my mom," he quickly remarked, "I am not doing it voluntary."

"It's fine," I quietly murmured as his eyes just softened while he looked at me. I didn't really move from my spot, I just folded my hands in front of me as I looked up towards the ceiling before looking back down at him, "it's fine," I assured after having sucked in a deep breath.

"No, it's not," he sighed before rushing over and wrapping his arms around me, "this is not fair to you."

"It's fine Wonie, it really is," I insisted as he only tightened his grip.

"I can see it hurts you, it's not fine," he insisted as I sucked in a deep breath once again, letting his scent hit my nostrils as I did so, "it's not fine, is it Jiyeon?"

Instead of answering a small frown grew on my face as I just shook my head and pressed my face into his shoulder, a small sigh escaping him.

"I hate this too," Jungwon sighed as his hand rubbed up and down on my back, "I don't like this at all. It's one thing that I don't want to do all of this, it's another when it hurts you as well."

"You're prince, it's your job," my voice was muffled by his shirt, but he still seemed to hear me clearly.

"It is not one bit my job," he shook his head as he cupped my face and held my face right in front of his, "my job is not to have you hurting over and over again. It's not fair to you that you can commit to me but that my family doesn't let me commit completely to you, no matter how much I want to. It is not fair and it clearly hurts you."

"You're coming to bed tonight, right?" I whispered and he immediately nodded at me, "before I fall asleep?"

"I'll do everything I can to escape before you fall asleep," he assured, "you're gonna fall asleep in my arms tonight, just like every other night. Okay?" he whispered and I just nodded at him, "soon this mess will be over and you won't have to hopelessly watch me go around with other girls."

I quietly nodded as a soft smile spread on Jungwon's face. Letting out a small sigh I opened my arms, to which he immediately understood. I was sweeped off my feet within seconds and up into a tight hug, as Jungwon wrapped his arms around my waist, twirling us both around a bit until he had heard me let out a small laugh.