| 50 |

I'm not quite sure I really remember how I had ended in my pajamas and Jungwon's bed the night before. I just know that I woke up in it, with the dress Lin had made for me, laying on the floor beside the bed.

Slowly I lifted my head from the pillow, squinting my eyes as I looked around, eventually snuggling further into Jungwon's side as I decided I'd much rather sleep some more.

"Morning Beautiful," Jungwon let out a small laugh as his arm wrapped over my back.

"No," I let out a small groan as he just happily laughed at me.

"Yes," he cooed back in return, "when did I become the one of us who woke up early and not you?"

"Because this is nice," I murmured and within seconds a loud banging came from Jungwon's door, much too loud to be Taehee wanting to interrupt again.

"Ah shit," Jungwon hissed as he rushed out of the bed, quickly turning to me after having pulled on one of his red sweaters that laid beside his bed. He had become noticeably more messy these past few weeks, "please just stay here."

I watched as Jungwon rushed over and opened the door, making the banging abruptly stop. I guess I already had a hunch about what was going to happen.

"What do you want?" Jungwon's voice was cold like ice when he opened the door. I would no doubt be terrified if he ever spoke to me like that.

"Where's she?" the King's voice called out and I quietly shrunk down under the duvet, just starring up at the ceiling. He was fuming, there was no doubt about it, "where's that filthy peasant?"

"I believe she's in the Princess suite, where she's been staying the whole time," Jungwon shortly replied, obviously referring to Taehee.

"I meant the maid," his dad hissed in return.

"That's none of your concern," Jungwon shortly replied, "and I'll have you know that you cannot force the engagement with Princess Taehee upon me now. You saw it last night."

"What I saw is fraud," the King hissed in return, "you can't marry her I simply won't let it happen! You're marrying Princess Taehee wether you like it or not."

"I'd have you know that that would be breaking another Royal Law, now do you want to do that or no, father?" Jungwon defied, "I am not marrying that horrid princess, I am marrying my princess, who doesn't need a crown nor a title. Try and hinder me from doing that and I'll personally make sure that you will be replaced."

Jungwon's sentence, which was spoken through gritted teeth, was abruptly cut off with a loud clap, which couldn't be confused with a slap. Within seconds I had rushed out from the bed and over to Jungwon, pulling him away from the door as I turned my back to the King.

"She was in there?" the King quite literally yelled as I turned Jungwon's face, watching his cheek slowly turn red.

Without even saying a word Jungwon was quick to push me back over behind him, in order for me to be shielded from his dad.

"You're not above 18, I still decide this for you," the King warned Jungwon, whose eyes just kept piercing through his dad.

"What are you gonna do? Beat me into following orders?" Jungwon hissed as I grabbed onto his shirt, tugging on it, desperately trying to get him away before his dad hit him again.

Once his dad raised his arm once more I quickly pushed past Jungwon to just stare up at the King with a mad look, which surprisingly made him stop right in his tracks.

"Listen here you big ol' King," I warned, "I don't care who you are or what you think. But if you as much as hit your son once more I can assure you he won't be doing any of the things you ask of him. What you're doing with beating your son is ensuring this country, and royal family a collapse, and I very doubt you'd want that. The monarchy could tumble down the moment citizens out in the country hear about how you're treating your son, who is desperately trying to normalize himself for when he becomes king, unlike you who is stuck up, self-centered, and has way too high thoughts of himself. You hear me?"

The force that had hit me in the midst of my scolding was enough to send me stumbling straight into the doorframe, and had Jungwon not pulled me back into his room, I might've very well just stumbled out on the hallway instead.

"Watch your mouth, you're one word from an execution," the king warned, as Jungwon pushed me behind him, holding onto my hand to assure I stayed on my feet.

"I'm holding that speech on the townsquare whether you like it or not," Jungwon hissed, slamming his door closed and quickly turning his key to lock the door, "are you alright?" he immediately turned to me, his eyes turning into those soft doe ones instead of the piercing tiger eyes that had killed his father's pride had he only stared at little harder.

"I'm fine," I hummed quietly, "maybe a little dizzy," I let out a small laugh as I rubbed my cheek slightly, "worth it, that felt nice to get out."

"Don't ever try and protect me like that again," he stated sternly, but he still looked at me with those soft eyes, "promise me that."

"But-" I started and he immediately shook his head at me.

"I am not letting you protect me if that means you'll get hurt in the process," he remarked and I let out a small huff before eventually nodding at him, "thank you."

"When are you speaking in town?" I whispered, feeling quite scared by the thought of having to go around and work with the possibility of bumping into the King.

"The day after tomorrow," Jungwon shortly replied, "why?" he questioned and frowned as he looked at me, "you don't have to work these days, you can stay in here if you'd like. I'll provide you with books from the library and I can get Cook Shim to come up with food for the both of us. You're not walking around the castle alone."

"He can't actually have me executed... can he?" I whispered and Jungwon immediately shook his head.

"An execution can't be given out by the King alone," he softly assured, "that is a decision that involves the Queen and heir to the throne."

"Your cheek is really red," I whispered noticing how burning red his one cheek was compared to the other.

"Then you better come lay with me again to make it better for me," he sheepishly grinned as he grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards his bed, while he pulled me down to fall down on the mattress beside him, immediately trapping me in his embrace, "because from today on, you can never get away from me again."

"How wonderful," I sarcastically murmured, only earning a small tickle on my waist, from Jungwon, "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" I quickly exclaimed as he let out a small chuckle at me.

"I know," he assured and nuzzled his nose into my cheek before placing a peck right where his nose was.

"Jungwon...?" I carefully questioned, to which he only gave a content hum in return, "you have business class at eight."

I tried to contain my laugh as Jungwon just let out a loud groan of complaints at the realization that he still had to take his classes.