| 35 |

A small sigh escaped Jay as he pushed open the door to Jungwon's room, holding a tray in his hands. On the tray stood two mugs along with a plate of what looked like to be sweets. Jungwon's face immediately lit up and he sprung up to take the tray from Jay.

"This is the last time I'm delivering dessert to your room, your Highness," Jay warned and Jungwon just happily nodded as he rushed over and placed the tray down on the bed in front of me, glancing up at me with a look that almost asked as if I was satisfied with what he had presented me with.

"Say hi to auntie from me," I spoke and Jay just nodded with a small smile before exiting the room.

"I always forget he's your cousin," Jungwon commented as he sat down on across from me, the tray standing between us, "tea?"

"Yes please," I hummed and he poured up warm water to me before presenting me with the different tea flavours, as if he was some sort of tea dealer, "you prefer the lemon, right?"

"Just take the strawberry tea," he let out a small laugh and I immediately grabbed the pink-colored tea bag.

When I glanced up at Jungwon he just gave me a happy smile, before picking out the lemon tea for himself as well. It seemed quite weird the whole scenario of this. Me sitting in my pajamas as we both sat in his bed, eating small desserts and drinking tea.

"I've been thinking," Jungwon brought me out of my train of thoughts and I let my smile drop a bit as I looked up at him while he dipped his teabag in the warm water in his cup, "you know I love you," he stated with a slight frown on his face, while his fingers gently pushed the dessert plate over towards me, urging me to pick one, "and I suppose you love me."

"I haven't told you?" I questioned as I picked up a mini lemon meringue pie and placed it on my tongue, immediately tasting the sweet citrus as Jungwon just shrugged.

"That's not my point," he waved it off with a small laugh, "I just thought... maybe we should... try and act differently?"

"Mhm," I hummed, chewing on the sweet delicasy in my mouth, waiting for Jungwon to continue.

"Because right now... I feel satisfied with the amount of time we spend together. But I don't feel fulfilled," he admitted and I quirked an eyebrow at him, something that brought a smile onto his face, "gosh you're cute," he admitted quietly, "anyways. I don't feel fulfilled because I haven't got the chance to treat you as... well... as my fiancée."

His comment stopped the lemon meringue that was on its way down my throat and I had to let out a few coughs to get back air in my lungs. 

"Are you alright?" Jungwon carefully patted my back as I hesitantly nodded my head and let out a few more coughs.

"Fiancée?!" I exclaimed at him in shock and he let out a small laugh before nodding, "are you absolutely insane?"

"But..." he let out a small laugh, "if you dance the waltz with me at the next ball that's what you're agreeing to."

"Jungwon... I'm barely even your girlfriend," I reminded him and he just cocked his head to the side, a look of confusion washing over his face, "I mean I am... but... you know..."

"Yeah that's what I mean, we don't act like you're my girlfriend," he nodded, "I want us to spend quality time together."

"Hm..." I hummed with a small nod looking down at my tea, pulling up the teabag.

Elegantly Jungwon's hand came into view and dropped a small sugar cube into my cup, smiling as I glanced up at him. Quietly I quickly held the back of my hands to my cheeks, cooling them down a bit as Jungwon let out another small laugh.

"Jiyeon?" Jungwon called out and I immediately looked back at him, knowing very well how rarely he used my full name, "you want to dance the waltz with me, right?" I stayed quiet for a moment, making doubt appear on his face, "right? Jiyeon?"

"Wonie... I'd love to dance the waltz with you," I assured him, a breath of relief escaping him as he carefully got up from the bed and rushed over to sit beside me instead, "take a dessert, I can't be the only one eating them," I complained and shoved the plate over towards him, "you better hurry, before I take all the cream puffs."

"I wouldn't mind you doing that," he assured me, "you need it more than me."

"If you don't take a dessert then I'm not dancing that waltz," I joked making him rush to grab a cream puff from the plate, "that's what I thought."

"You don't play with love," he refused with a small shake of the head and a nervous laugh casually shoving the cream puff into his mouth, "definitely not this one," he remarked only halfway through chewing his cream puff.

"Swallow before speaking," I patted his shoulder softly, "honestly where are your manners?"

"Manner? MY manners?" he gasped and I let out a small laugh, "oh please, I have more manners in my left toe than you have in your whole body."

"Yah!" I complained as I shoved his shoulder softly and he let out a small laugh.

I listened as Jungwon's laugh died down and he carefully turned my head with two fingers. As my head turned I looked over at him with a small smile, which he immediately replied.

"Would it be alright if I kiss you?" he questioned quietly.

"Do you taste like cream puffs?" I retorted, his smile letting out a small happy sound of a laugh.

"That's for you to find out," he replied and I squinted my eyes slightly.

"Smooth," I commented, as he casually shrugged in return, "did you ask for permission to kiss me last time?"

"I don't remember... I just found it fitting to ask this time," he muttered and glanced downwards, towards my lips, before looking back up into my eyes again, He had so pretty eyes, I could stare into them forever, "Ji? Can I?"

"Just shut up and kiss me already, will you?" I let out a small laugh at him.

Jungwon smiled for a second, listening to my laugh before he cut it off himself. My laugh stopped abruptly the moment he softly placed his lips on mine. I'll never understand how he can kiss me so softly and gently without barely touching my lips. It was just as soft as a cloud  looked, but just as warm as a fireplace on a snowy night felt. 

Slowly Jungwon's lips parted from my own, stopping just a few centimeters away, enough for me to still feel his hot breath against my lips.

"Taste a bit of cream puffs," I stated with a small laugh, mostly to tease him.

"Shut up," he let out a small laugh before dropping his head down in embarrassment.

"I don't know, I liked it," I excused with a shrug as Jungwon just nudged my arm once again, giving me a small whine in return.

I let out a small laugh before grabbing the plate with desserts and extended it to him, urging him to take another small dessert before I did.