| 49 |

Once the music from the ballroom was only faint in our ears, Jungwon stopped running. Both of us slightly out of breath from the running on top of the dancing.

Immediately Jungwon pulled me into him by my shoulders, letting out a small laugh as he swayed back and forth. Soon enough pulling away as he held my face in both of his hands, pressing his forehead against mine.

"I'm so in love with you," he whispered through small pants.

"You already told me that," I let out a small laugh as he placed a feathery kiss on both of my cheeks.

"I don't think you're aware of... oh my god," he murmured and closed his eyes before letting his forehead fall down to rest against my shoulder, "you actually rushed out to me to dance with me, do you have any idea what that meant to me?" he whispered as he raised his head to look at me, while I just shook my head at him, "you didn't hesitate, not once... you ran out to dance with me. You want this as much as I do."

"Of course I do," I whispered and he let out a small laugh as I slid my hand back into his, "I think Eden is blooming a lot right now."

Jungwon just nodded as he gave my hand a small squeeze, softly pulling me down the hallway that lead out towards Eden. The silence between us was only interrupted by the soft music from the ballroom.

"Did you notice the piano didn't play during the waltz?" I quietly questioned and Jungwon glanced down at me, "Pianist Kim danced with Seamstress Jung," I remarked and a small smile spread on Jungwon's face, "they like each other so much."

Jungwon didn't say anything, he just began swinging our linked hands back and forth in soft motions. He softly pushed open the door out to Eden, a door which he would've used all his weight to open just ten years ago.

Already when we stepped out the ringing of the birchtree was playing for our ears. The water looked to be twinkling more than it ever had in the past while there was barely any wind at all. It almost seemed like the stars shone brighter here than it ever did anywhere in the country.

"So my guess is... someone's happy," I commented and looked over at Jungwon, who immediately looked away and tried to hide his smile while he looked up at the half moon, hanging just above the gazebo.

"Of course I am," he whispered as he tugged me down towards the gazebo, standing in the middle of it, right beside the small circular table, "and now... the kingdom formally sees both of us as... well engaged," he let out a small laugh, "at 17... that's weird..."

"It was either me... or Taehee," I reminded him and he immediately nodded at me.

"Yeah I took the right decision," he quickly decided and threw my arms up around his neck as his arms encircled my waist.

He slowly began humming a small melody as we swayed back and forth, a small smile slowly spreading on my lips as I closed my eyes. 

"Jiyeon?" Jungwon called out, and I quietly hummed at him, "can I kiss you?"

"Mhm, of course," I murmured and puckered my lips out slightly, still not opening my eyes.

Within seconds I felt Jungwon's lips against my own. I felt my arms automatically tighten behind his neck, pulling him down closer to me as he seemingly lifted me off the ground by a bit, making it easier for both of us to reach the other.

Somewhere in a near yet far distance I could hear the ringing of the birchtree play louder and louder. This was one thing that only made a small laugh escape Jungwon as he pulled slightly away from me.

"Told you, you were the birchtree," he remarked and I let out a small laugh as I rolled my eyes as he pulled me in closer, resting my head against his chest.

"Just because it plays music when we kiss, doesn't mean it's me," I let out a small laugh at him.

"It does," he hummed. Carefully he placed two fingers under my chin,lifting my head from my chest, "it really does, look," he whispered and turned my head towards the birchtree.

The few places where the old tree wasn't covered by the white bark, something was shining. It was almost like small hidden gems were hiding behind the bark. A small frown slowly grew on my face as I snapped my head over to look at Jungwon, who already was looking down at me with a small smile.

"I knew it," he whispered with a small nod, "it's you, and it always were you."

"Jungwon?" I quietly whispered, only earning a hum in return, "is it normal to feel this tired after this?" I questioned, suddenly realizing how much I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

"I guess it did say that fatigue could be part of it if the person isn't from a Royal bloodline," Jungwon murmured as I looked up at him with tired eyes, "let's get you to bed instead, okay?"

I quietly nodded with a small hum as I felt him sweep me off my feet and move me so that my head fell to lean on his chest as he carried me back inside.

"I can't get out of the dress myself," I murmured, getting a small laugh in return from Jungwon.

"I'll help you... respectfully," he quickly added on, making a tired laugh escape me, "and I won't look."

"Hmh," I hummed with a small nod, mindlessly nuzzling my head closer to his chest.