| 24 |

A loud ringing immediately went off in my room and I quickly got up and swung my feet right into my boots and zipped them up. Within seconds I had stood by Taehee's doors and knocked a few times before rushing in and grabbing her with me.

"I'm terribly sorry Princess, but it is an emergency and I have to get you to safety fast as possible," I excused and let her to a part of the hallway, where I immediately hammered my hand into a brick, that pushed in and revealed a small staircase, "rush down the stairs and you will gather up with the royal family as well as your parents. The prince will come down soon when I've gone to get him."

Before she got a chance to say anything I rushed back towards Jungwon's room and rushed in without even knocking.

"I'm on my way, I'm on my way," he excused as a frown stayed on his face and he was struggling with finding the head opening of his shirt.

"Hurry up," I complained and Jungwon immediately let out a small squeal as he rushed to hold his shirt up in front of his bare torso.

"Where's castleguard Choi?" he complained to me as I held an arched brow at him.

"You really think I have time to answer that?" I questioned him before walking over and grabbing onto his arm, "I'm your handmaid meaning I have teh responsibility to get you to safety," I excused and dragged him after me down the hallway.

Once again I stopped outside the same place in the wall as before. I hammered in the brick and watched a hallway appear as a part of the wall slipped to the side.

"Get down, and get your shirt on for Christ sake," I complained at him before glancing down the hallway, trying to contemplate how much time I had to go to my designated evacuation room.

"Where are you going?" he questioned.

"My evacuation room," I quickly replied and looked back down the hallway again, "now go!"

"Hold on," he quickly murmured and pulled something out of the pocket of his pajama pants and shoved it in my hand, "it's small, but use it if needed," he insisted, "get to safety and I'll see you once this hell is over," he quickly spoke before grabbing the back of my head and pressing a kiss to my forehead, "promise!"

"Go!" I exclaimed and pushed him a few steps down before quickly pulling the door in between us, securing him safety.

I looked at the object he had shoved in my hand, a small pocket spring knife. I could decide to question why he had it in his pajama pants, but right now I had to focus on getting towards the ground floor and into my designated evacuation room.

I quietly began running down the hallway and reached the stairs, seeing the front hall all empty as I looked down at it. They must've broken in through the back then. Mom had warned me about these attacks the year up until I turned 17. It was rebels from the North that didn't agree with the monarchy and these attacks were their way of saying that they didn't support anything the royal family did, on few occasions it turns violent and you never knew when it turned violent.

I sucked in a deep breath and rushed down the stairs, moving over to the solid wall that held up the staircase, pushing in on a white painted brick and immediately a small door opened, much like the one I had shoved Jungwon down, however this door was a lot thinner.

I quickly rushed in and closed the door behind me, letting out a deep breath of relief as I realized I had gotten to safety, now the job simply was to wait until it was over.

"Fancy seeing you here," a familiar voice commented and I immediately let out a deep sigh as I kept my back turned to the other castle worker in the evacuation room.

I glanced down at the pocket knife in my hand before toying with it, wondering if it even was a good idea that had popped up in my mind. But you know what? Screw it.

"If you dare as much as touch me again I won't hesitate to stab you where the sun doesn't shine," I warned as I turned around and pointed the small knife towards Songkwan, who was completely disarmed, from only having day shifts so far.

"Woah, hey," he let out a small laugh as he lifted both hands up into the air, "I barely even touched you last time."

"Oh yeah?" I questioned in disbelief, "you groped your hands all over me asking me to marry you, pathetically begging actually, and then proceeded to hit me when I didn't budge into your offer like any other whore. Don't you dare touch me again."

"Ooooh, someone of low rank got feisty," he whistled out before leaning against the wall opposite of mine, "you know I could get you in trouble for threatening me like that."

I knew what he was saying was true, but still I did not falter in my defense position. I wasn't gonna let him near me again, not after how he harrassed me last time. I wasn't gonna let it get to more than what it ended in last time.

"Not even budging," he commented with a small laugh, "you really aren't scared of the punishments you could get, are you?"

"I'm more worried about what you will do if I lower this knife," I replied and he let out a chuckle.

"Well, if you lower the knife I promise it'll be much more enjoyable than the punishment you will get for not lowering it," he remarked and I simply snorted in return.

"I highly doubt it," I commented with a small laugh.

Songkwan let out a deep sigh as he just glanced at me and ran a hand through his hair before just shrugging.

"You're not even that good looking anyways," he commented as if he was gonna hurt my feelings with that comment.

I did not give one care for what an 18-year-old horny castle guard thought of me, all I knew was that he was not gonna touch me again and that if I was lucky Jungwon would get a way to punish him for his harrassment of not only me but also other maids around the castle.