02 ≈ The Intricate And Precise Art Of Dumb Charades

To all the people who read the first chapter and decided they liked the energy, I thank you.

For basically the entire first part of the chapter, there will be manga spoilers.

———

Demon slayer, a worldwide popular anime and manga series, written and illustrated by Gotouge Koyoharu, started on February 15, 2016, and ended on May 18, 2020.

You were there. In the Demon Slayer universe. This fact was strangely easy for you to digest.

The first person you met during your time here was, coincidentally, the protagonist of the series and resident soft boi, Kamado Tanjiro. If that didn't demonstrate your luck in this world, maybe the knowledge of being close to Urokodaki and having the time to learn the Water Breathing forms alongside Tanjiro would be enough.

As a normal fan, you were definitely unhappy with the number of character deaths that occurred, starting from Tanjiro's family to Rengoku and then to Kocho Shinobu, Iguro Obanai, Kanroji Mitsuri, Himejima Gyomei, fucking Tokito Muichiro, and Genya—

I'm getting too worked up about this.

But rightfully so.

You sighed, taking a deep breath as you watched Tanjiro outside training. Urokodaki had insisted that you stay inside until your full recovery. Additionally, after learning that you had nowhere to go and no one to contact (through a really long game of charades of Urokodaki observing your movements as you and Tanjiro attempted to communicate), Urokodaki offered his house.

"Can I learn what Tanjiro is doing?" You asked, pointing to Tanjiro and the sword he used while practicing. When neither of them seemed to understand, you tried to position yourself like how you'd seen Tanjiro while holding your hands together as if you were holding a sword. "Like this." You mimicked movements you'd seen on TV shows on handling swords.

Urokodaki understood. "If you wish to become a demon slayer, you will take my test, and only if I deem you worthy will I train you."

"What'd you say?" You had recognized the word 'demon' in whatever he said. Was he agreeing to what you asked?

Dude, I just needed a simple yes or no.

"A demon slayer! You can train with me!" Tanjiro seemed excited at the idea of whatever Urokodaki was proposing. He held his hands in front of him like he was holding a sword and began swinging them around, making small swooshing noises with his mouth.

I said stop being so cute or I'll fall in love.

It had taken you about a day to fully recover from your hypothermia. During this time, you thought about how you would move on from this point. Would you journey with Tanjiro or fuck around on the side? Would you save everyone you can or just let the plot take control?

Obviously, you were not going to let anyone die. That was a big thing you were planning on. That meant that you were essentially going to change the plot.

Fuck.

Luckily, right before you died in your world, you had finished the manga. Thanks to the Demon Slayer wiki, you had a more or less accurate timeline on the major and minor events that occurred in each arc of the story. So, before you forgot any of it, you requested some ink and paper.