035 ≈ Throwing Things At A Wall And Seeing What Sticks, But Like Lethally

The first fanart is by Salami on Quotev and published in their art book! A very cutieful (Y/N), trust. The second is by TwigTail isn't feeling well please dniuf and published in their book!

The fanart above was done by Yaratzalli and I love the 'Demon Slayer'-styled artwork (I had a small seizure).

Try saying 'strategically placed narrative dream' 5 times fast.

"Kaah! Kaah!"

Kalindi stared at the chubby baby lying on the ground, surrounded by countless blankets and comforters. The windows to the baby's new room were tightly closed even though it basically the middle of summer (in her mind alone. According to the calendar, they were still three weeks away) and they never closed the windows in summer.

It was all because of the baby. Ever since he was born, people that she'd never met before kept coming into her house and looking at him. Just the day after his birth, she saw two of them holding the baby with her parents standing beside them. Kalindi had always peeked into the room

Kalindi shifted to lie on her stomach and rested her chin on her hands. She stared at the baby's big, shining eyes and pouted.

"You took all my favorite blankets," She quietly grumbled, "But it's okay because you're tiny and I am not. I am your big sister. You have to remember that, alright?" She pointed a finger at his head and watched his eyes briefly shift to it before returning to her face. He let out a small breath as his lips lifted to an open-mouthed, toothless smile.

"Kaah!"

"I've been wondering," She tilted her head to the side, "Are you trying to say my name?"

He babbled nonsense, waving his arms around.

"Kalindi. That's my name!" She pointed at herself, moving her mouth with her finger. "Kaa . . . lin . . . di!"

"Kaah!"

"Kalindi!"

"Kaah!

"Kalindi!"

"Kaah! Kaah!"

Every time she said her name, she'd get a little louder and the baby would grow increasingly more excited, his voice also growing louder.

"Kalindi!"

"KaaaaaAAH!"

"Kalindi?" She jumped at the sound of her mother coming up behind her, rolling over on her back and looking at her mother.

"Yes, Mother?"

The woman bent down and whispered in her ear. "What are you doing with your brother?"

Kalindi sat up and cupped her hand to hold over her mouth, whispering back, "I'm trying to get him to say my name!"

Her mother laughed and reached over to the little boy, gently stroking his head with her fingers.

"He's a little too young for that, sweetheart. Let's give him a few more months."

"Aw." She sagged, "When I came with you, I was speaking a lot, right?"